AutoTools Daily weather forcast

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by terry henderson, Nov 27, 2017.

1. terry henderson

terry henderson New Member

I came across an old profile, that when the alarm is turned off each morning, it will read you the daily weather forecast. I can't get the json task to work. I have an openweather api. So I tried, after reading tutorials, to do this with the following plug-ins: autoweb, also tried autoweather, and even tried it with autotools. Not real sure what I'm doing wrong. I can't even get the downloaded weather table task to work. I've never had a problem, for this length of time, that I haven't figured out some way to make it work. Any help, in the right direction, would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. terry henderson

I meant weatherunderground api.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

With AutoWeb it should be pretty straightforward. What exactly didn't work for you?

4. terry henderson

I keep getting an error when it comes to getting the weather information into the variables. I will post a pic of error.

5. terry henderson

Just a blank table when following your tutorial using autoweb and autonotification.

Attached Files:

6. terry henderson

Ok I feel like a total idiot. I was inputting the wrong api. Sorry to bother you and taking time that could have been used helping someone else. I would like to say your work is unbelievable. I have been playing with Tasker, off and on, for a few years, and with your plug-ins, Tasker is truly enjoyable and a lot easier to use. Thanks for all your hard work

7. GXG.O

GXG.O New Member

Follow this tutorial to see how to do it. I tried it yesterday and everything works perfectly.