AutoVoice Home Automation - Chaining Voice Commands 1.0.0.4

Turn on,off,start.. many devices with one voice command

1. Javier

Javier New Member

Javier submitted a new AutoApps project:

Home Automation - Chaining Voice Comands - Turn on,off,start.. many devices with one voice comand

Read more about this project...

2. Javier

Javier New Member

Javier updated Home Automation - Chaining Voice Commands with a new update entry:

Home Automation - Chaining Voice Commands

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. Javier

Javier New Member

Javier updated Home Automation - Chaining Voice Commands with a new update entry:

Home Automation - Chaining Voice Commands V3.3

joaomgcd likes this.
  4. Javier

Javier New Member

First User Friendly Version! ISY support, Eventghost Support, Tasker Task Support, Complete Backu!

JimBo likes this.
  5. Javier

Javier New Member

6. Javier

Javier New Member

7. Javier

Javier New Member

Bug Fixes

8. Javier

Javier New Member

V4.0.4 Added Option to Remove Location Dependence

9. Javier

Javier New Member

10. Javier

Javier New Member

V4.0.6 Bug Fixes and UI improvements.

11. androiduser99

androiduser99 New Member

Just stumbled across this as I just started playing with AutoVoice. I have a complete home and AV remote built using tasker, Send/Expect plugin, and Global Cache iTach, plug a couple other interfaces. So adding voice control was pretty simple however your solution is much more elaborate/complete. I'll probably just keep my solution since I wrote it and understand it however I have a question. I used a variable set w/match regex check to set my variables for devices, zones, commands instead of looping. Is looping more efficient?

Javier likes this.
  12. Javier

Javier New Member

I can make assumptions on efficiency (or speed) but to get an accurate answer you will need to ask a software engineer or maybe even joao as he wrote the AutoVoice with which your are using regex. My assumptions, based on experience, is that with loops and lists under a hundred or even a few thousand items you are not going to see much difference in response time unless your hardware is extremely old....I had the same setup as you for a while but wanted my voice commands to do much more. The only lag in response I see is from google processing the voice command and AutoVoice reading the voice command

Loops are needed in the project for many reasons including processing commands being split by the word "and" (if the action is different), corrections which can not be made correctly by AutoVoice (Yet, as listed in one of my updates), commanding multiple locations for the same type of device, and because my project has a setting for default location which can be set or triggered by the user (note: hopefully eddystone will help with my beacons not working consistently at this point in time).

I have a similar setup! I have contemplated buying an iTach for a while but have not pulled the trigger because eventghost works great although I would like to ditch windows as it has too much overhead and 8.1 sometimes goes into sleep even when sleep is disabled on the tablet I am using . If you choose to use this project you could always use the option to forward commands to a tasker task, the variables for location, device, and action are available to you i.e {if device = tv and action = off then turn off the TV}. This program should not be too hard to understand for someone whom could accomplish what you have to this point. There are only 3 tasks needed the rest are for the UI and to create files for backups. I have written notes in many actions so it can be modified by anybody with the hope they will contribute any fixes or additions back to the project. Also I have found myself using voice commands more often now because it is much easier to set up a new device that is linked to my ISY!

If you are interested in collaborating I would really like to include options for the iTach and other automation devices. Currently I am planing to collaborate with +Daniel Söderlund (Varazir) to add domoticz devices to the available actions. Let me know if you are interested in making this better for everyone, no hard feelings if you do not.

Best,
    Javier

PS: I seen you posts about AutoVoice not working when the screen is off. Are you using the Google Launcher? Also Android Wear voice commands do work, without root you can setup a wrist shake/twist to trigger the voice screen...it works great with my 360!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  13. androiduser99

androiduser99 New Member

My used to use Girder for the backend IR and still use that for my serial connection to the PJ but as you noted I wanted to move away from relying on the Windows machine too. My "smart" remote projects go way to to using Girder and Netremote then I build the remote in Andre Pro but the developer pretty much fell off the face of the earth. Andre Pro worked good but I was itching for more functionality. I was already using Tasker on Android for various things but never really played around with scenes. When I discovered scenes and decided to see how it would work (really wanted a remote that could "overlay" other apps) I became very excited about the possibilities (power of tasker plus all the plugins) and there was no turning back. In a couple months I completely moved everything into Tasker. One thing I did right way back in NetRemote is that I wanted a general single remote interface instead of an entire page of buttons for each device and zone so I created a variable driven remote that basically had 1 primary interface with a menu for zones (locations), icons to select input devices (dish, chormecast, PS3, DVD, MiniX, etc) and output devices (TV, PJ, AMP). This made it a lot less work to move as I didn't need to create a ton of buttons/scenes. These all basically just set variables then I put then together and to a sqllite lookup for the IR code (%zone.%output.%input -> Bedroom.TV.ON). The sqllite command requires root (all my devices are rooted so no big deal) but not sure how to do this efficiently without sqllite/root as there are about 300 IR codes. Curious if you have any thoughts on that as if I could eliminate root requirements that would be preferred otherwise it works good. The added beauty of my remote using variables it was incredibly easy to add voice controls.

The screen off issue is driving me a little nuts. Just switched back to a OEM based ROM so I could have wireless charging again (and therefore touchless voice control) but now can't properly do voice commands when the phone is sleeping/charging (technically I can wake it with ok google then wait till the timeout and then say ok google again and my remote command but that kind of sucks). The CM12.1 rom was working fine from a sleep state but wireless charging does not work. I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too! :) I'm about ready to get a new phone so I might just get the next Nexus which should provide me always listening (like a Moto X) but if this all works good via an Android Wear watch it may not matter. Hoping an Android wear watch I like is released before xmas.

I'll try to document my Tasker + Send/Expect + iTach setup to include in this project. There were some initial challenges in getting Send/Expect and iTach working. Maybe you'll have some idea of how to do the look up IR code lookup without sqllite otherwise most people probably have their IR codes assigned to buttons anyways so that is not required. Would be happy to collaborate!

Thanks,
    Robin

14. Javier

Javier New Member

Hi Robin,
    Sorry for the late reply I've been very busy.
    I had not thought of this until your post, I'm sure I also have hundreds if not thousands of raw ir codes saved in eventghost. I think we will be able to write a file for each device containing ir codes and read the file to find the correct ir code when a task is executed. I do not think this will cause any noticeable lag as I have read files in tasker containing thousands of words and it is almost instantaneous. I do this now in the project for device names and addresses for my ISY home automation controller.

The watch makes voice commands practical. Not having to say "OK Google" (when using the shake wrist to trigger the voice capture screen) makes it even better as I do not look like a crazy person yelling "OK Google", I just whisper the commands to my watch. Also I often leave my phone laying around the house and the watch is always with me.

If you on Google+ please circle me +Javier Refuerzo so we can exchange info/ideas regarding adding the itach. I still need to do a little research when I have some free time, and I may buy one if you are going to collaborate so my learning curve will not be a setback.

Best,
    Javier

15. androiduser99

androiduser99 New Member

So I broke down and got a S6 Edge a week ago and an update that was installed at the store prevents all current options to root! Long story short this forced me to figure out how to eliminate SQLITE and what I did was build variables for all the IR codes. Ended up with 250 variables and I'm I think performance is a little better. In the end I just couldn't accept no root so I returned the phone and ordered the 128GB model which I should be able to decline the update then root. I'll put together some note on the iTech + Tasker (send/expect plugin). Initially I has some strange issues with the line termination and had to use a delay/wait option in the plugin. This took a lot of time and testing to work around but I was determined...:)

16. Javier

Javier New Member

That is great! I've been very busy, but should have some time in a few weeks to update this project..... I'm sure there are many people that would find your tasks useful, maybe it should be uploaded as a separate project and I could then build on your work.

17. Javier

Javier New Member

V4.0.7 Fixed Regex in Profile

18. Javier

Javier New Member

V4.0.8 Removing Variables from tasker and reading from files

19. Javier

Javier New Member

V4.0.9 *******Fixed missing files for new installs*****

20. Javier

Javier New Member

V4.1.0 ***INSTEON HUB***