AutoRemote Can't get target filter to work

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by vbs, Jun 17, 2016.

1. vbs

vbs New Member

I am new to AutoRemote and currently I fail to get the target filter (in Advanced) to work. I recreated the original scenario as mentioned in the Getting started guide. But the target option does seem to have no effect at all for me :(

This is what I did:
    1. Created two tasker profiles (New Task -> State -> AutoRemote)
    2. For the first profile I set "Message filter" to "home" and target to "target1"
    3. For the second profile I set "Message filter" to "sleep" and target to "target2"
    Now I send a message via my personal page: Message "home" and target "target1". Now the home profile gets active as expected.
    Now when I send another message with message "sleep" and target "target2" the sleep profile gets activated (also as expected). BUT the home profile gets deactivated now. I would have expected that I could enable both profiles at the same time when using different values as target, but whatever I try I can only activate home profile OR sleep profile but not both It behaves exactly like there is no target option at all.

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for advice!

EDIT:
    I just want to add that when I send the message the toast for incoming messages correctly says "Received message from Unknown: Text: "sleep" Target: "target2"". So it looks like the message is coming in as expected.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  2. vbs

vbs New Member

Today I tried this again but still no luck using the target filter. :(

Could anyone give me hint please where I am wrong?

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there, thanks for the report. Unfortunately I fear the target feature might be broken right now. Until I fix it you can try a workaround:
    • Have a profile with an AutoRemote condition that has a command filter like mode=:=
    • In the task set %Mode to %arcomm
    • Have 2 extra profiles: one for when %Mode is home and another for when %Mode is sleep
    • Send messages like mode=:=home and mode=:=sleep to enable each one.
    Let me know if this helps. Thanks!

4. vbs

vbs New Member

Thanks for your answer!
    Good to know that target is not working at the moment, so I can stop fiddling with it :)

Your described workaround is exactly what I am doing currently and it works for me. It is just a bit more work and a bit confusing to look at it later :) Also I have another problem with Tasker (unrelated to AutoRemote) and I thought it might have to do with my several "Set Var"-tasks.

If it is not too much work for you it would be great to have that "target"-filter working though cause it makes state contexts easier. Thanks alot!

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thank you! :) This feature is so rarely used that I've had no other complaints about it :D I'll look at it and try to fix it. thanks!

: target