AutoInput Reboot profile without Root 1.1

A Reboot profile that will be trigerd every Night at 3 am.

1. R4V3N_2010

R4V3N_2010 New Member

R4V3N_2010 submitted a new AutoApps project:

Reboot profile without Root - A Reboot profile that will be trigerd on Sun, Tue, Thu, and Sat Night at 3 am.

Read more about this project...

MXKM likes this.
  2. R4V3N_2010

R4V3N_2010 New Member

R4V3N_2010 updated Reboot profile without Root with a new update entry:

New Nightly Reboot profile without Secure Settings for non rooted Android 7 Phones

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. rmikke

rmikke New Member

Why does the last action Type: Point? I've tried Type: Text, Value: OK and it works just fine. And no measuring required.

4. R4V3N_2010

R4V3N_2010 New Member

I made it this way to be compatible with all phones. Because on my phone is it touch to reboot. Everyone can make it how they wish.

5. alexcapone

alexcapone New Member

How do I load this project into tasker?

6. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

7. R4V3N_2010

R4V3N_2010 New Member

8. alexcapone

alexcapone New Member

What is the best way to identify points that need to be clicked? I am unable to open the notification tray while power dialog is in the foreground so I can't do it via Easy Setup. I need to click an image so I don't think Text will work in manual setup.

9. R4V3N_2010

R4V3N_2010 New Member

You can use the show pointer locations. You will find this option in the developer settings. If you don't see this in your settings. Go to About phone scroll down until you see your build number. Tap 7 times on it. And you should see something like Congratulations you are now Developer. Back out and above your About Phone is a new entry called Developer settings or option something like that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

10. alexcapone

alexcapone New Member

Thanks to both of you for your quick responses as they helped me with those issues. However, the problem that I am encountering is that the task is not waking up my phone to do the reboot. I have a Galaxy s8+ that is in Always on Display (AOD) mode when the screen is not in use.

It looks like this project is adjusting screen brightness setting to wake up the phone? It isn't doing anything for me. Any suggestions about how I can wake up my phone so the subsequent tasks can run will be greatly appreciated.

11. R4V3N_2010

R4V3N_2010 New Member

Yes you are right. I used AutoTools securesettings to adjust the screen brightness to wake my phone. I am sure there is another way. But unfortunately I can't test it cuz I don't have a phone with AOD. Maybe João can help you. Or any other Tasker Pro. I am really sorry. Hope you get it sorted out.

12. alexcapone

alexcapone New Member

Thank you. I am limited on what I can do with AutoApps until I figure this out. I would like to do backups, reboots, and other automated tasks but it still requires manual intervention. If João or anyone can help me with a solution I would greatly appreciate it.

13. R4V3N_2010

R4V3N_2010 New Member

What kind of backups and other automated tasks? Maybe I can help you.

14. alexcapone

alexcapone New Member

For example, Nova launcher allows you to create a backup but it's not automated. I would like to create a backup every night. I posted the question here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/tasker/comments/7iwh9h/nova_launcher_backup/?utm_source=reddit-android

I have a few apps that do backups but are not automated including Nova launcher, Sound Profile, and popup widget.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

15. R4V3N_2010

R4V3N_2010 New Member

The only possible way for Nova Launcher backup is what EllaTheCat already mentioned. As far as I know. Ofc that means you have to disable AOD at night. But that you can do with Tasker and AutoTools securesettings to. I have a night mode profile that enabled the night mode you know the yellowish light, disabled doze mode, disabled auto screen brightness and changed the screen brightness to level 2. And at least give me a notification that Night Mode has enabled. So you see almost everything is possible.ofc some things are easier with root. And some aren't possible without root.

gog201401 likes this.
  16. MXKM

MXKM New Member

Thank you very much for sharing this usefull project.

R4V3N_2010 likes this.
  17. R4V3N_2010

R4V3N_2010 New Member

Np glad you like it. If you discover some problems don't hesitate to get back to me. I'll try to help and fix it.

18. Rebeccah

Rebeccah New Member

Does this work if your phone doesn't have a restart option on the power menu? I have a Droid Turbo 2 with Android 7.0 Nougat. Not rooted. The only way I can currently restart my phone is to extra-long press the power button (like 10 seconds) or to power down and then manually power up.

I want to reboot my phone nightly because it acts like Windows and doesn't work right when it goes for too long without a reboot.

Thanks

19. DannyR49

DannyR49 New Member

''Slide to Power Down'' on Oppo need Swipe for MM.

Problem is with non-rooted Oppo_A57 MM6.0.1 only has a Power button ''Slide to Power Down'', with no option to Reboot or Restart.
    I need to at least automatically shut the phone down each night.

What's more, I can't find a Swipe right plugin that's good for Android 6.0.1 (MM).

AutoInput Gestures Swipe errmsg: Can only run on Android Nougat (7.0) or above.
    AutoTools Gestures Screen: doesn't do it for me.

The following links describes my exact problem:

Android 6 Automation - tasker:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/tasker/comments/9ueirx/android_6_automation/

AutoInput - Reboot profile without Root | AutoApps Forums | Rebeccah post #18:
    https://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php?threads/reboot-profile-without-root.10018/#post-74257

Can anyone help me please?