AutoVera Security Issue

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Andrew Tierney, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Andrew Tierney

Andrew Tierney New Member

I am trying to diagnose an issue with one of my phones (unrelated to this post though) and I decided to see if the issue was related to the login credentials, so I got a phone that was working with Autovera and typed in a bogus password (12345) on the unit that worked and guess what -

Autovera refreshed all my devices and it showed me everything inside my Vera (as well as some new stuff) OMG!!!! despite having a bogus password (12345)

J: A bug report: If Autovera has working existing credentials and it has previously logged into a Vera unit, it will remain logged in EVEN IF YOU CHANGE THE PASSWORD in Autovera to an incorrect password.

2. Andrew Tierney

Andrew Tierney New Member

If you change the password in Vera then it will fail (old working credentials in Autovera vs New changed credentials in Vera) = fail = good

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thank you for the report. Since you already had to enter the password once to make it work it's not that big of a security issue :) But nonetheless it would be something to fix, you're right! Does it still work even after a reboot?

: autovera