AutoRemote Run and Share tasks/profiles between devices straight from the Tasker UI 2015-12-10

Easily share and run Tasker configurations on other devices

1. Klaes

Klaes New Member

Klaes submitted a new AutoApps project:

Run and Share tasks/profiles between devices straight from the Tasker UI - Easily share and run Tasker configurations on other devices

Read more about this project...

2. RiseUp

RiseUp New Member

Wow, thank you for sharing this, Klaes! This sounds quite awesome. I've always wanted a way to manage multiple devices' Tasker configurations from one device, and this seems to be as close to that as Tasker allows.

Just to clarify if anyone else experiences the same problem as I did...

You wrote:
    'You will have to create 2 AutoShare commands: "Run Task" and "Tasker File", select them for the appropriate profiles and you're good to go.'

What I didn't realize is that you meant after creating those AutoShare commands, I have to edit the two Tasker profiles' configurations and manually select my AS commands, even though they are already displayed in the configuration.

3. joostvdhurk

joostvdhurk New Member

Looks Nice but i'm a bit lost...how do i use this ..? Is there a demovideo?

4. Dupz

Dupz New Member

It is a while later, if you never got this sorted or for new people who look, please see bwlow:

As RiseUp mentioned, the 2 profile triggers need to be edited.
    First go into your Autoshare app > Manage commands > create new..
    1) Run Task. Choose any image and press ok when asked for priority (default is 1)
    2) Tasker File. Choose image, ok to priority.
    Go back to tasker profiles and click on the profile trigger for AS Send Task Run. Config. Command. Command filter, select your Run task Autoshare you just made.
    Do the same for AS Send Tasker File profile. Select your tasker file Autoshare.
    Save.

After this, when you select a profile to export, everything will work and you will get to choose which device you would like to send the task/profile to.

As Klaes mentioned originally
    "You can share files via the file browser, just using the .xml files which are created by Tasker, but you can also share straight from the Tasker UI:
    Long tap the scene/task/profile you want to send -> Export -> XML in Email -> AutoShare Command -> Run Task/Tasker File"

5. NekoCaseFans

NekoCaseFans New Member

I don't understand why these projects are so OLD? nobody to update them/etc if NEEDED? just wondering