AutoInput Toggle Mobile Data

Learn how to navigate to the Mobile Data settings screen and toggle mobile data

1. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

joaomgcd submitted a new AutoApps project:

Toggle Mobile Data - Learn how to navigate to the Mobile Data settings screen and toggle mobile data

Read more about this project...

2. Dimitry Fleming

Dimitry Fleming New Member

I've started using the various 'AutoApps' together with Tasker. I'm trying to replicate the Toggle Mobile Data intent, but I am already stuck at the first step (where you add the Autoshare task). The main reason is my dual sim phone and for turning on/off mobile data I've to go to another menu.
    In stead of com.android.settings / DataUsageSummaryActivity I probably have to fill in something else, but what? Could someone please tell me what's the easiest way to find out. Thanks!

Dimitry

3. joaomgcd

Sorry, I really don't know what it could be on your specifc device :(

4. Lange_666

Lange_666 New Member

@ Dimitry Fleming: Are you (or better is your phone) rooted? If yes, you could use shell commands to toggle Mobile Data.

5. Dimitry Fleming

Dimitry Fleming New Member

No, not rooted. I used to do that, but this is my private/work phone (dual sim) and my company's security policy doesn't allow for rooting.

So, I need to find the command (not: com.android.settings/DataUsageSummaryActivity, like in the example) to open the data settings on my phone. Isn't there a website that lists 'all' possible intents. Oh well, I don't know.

6. DIV PATEL

DIV PATEL New Member

I have Nexus 6P with Android 7.0 and I followed all steps but the Flash says opposite. If turning Data off then it flashes ON.
    Can you please tell me what causes that?

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  7. joaomgcd

That's normal :) It just means that the current state is ON. If you check, that happens in the tutorial as well.

8. gonzo

gonzo New Member

It is possible to do like that this only enable mobile data? Do not toggle like it's now but only enable. If mobile data is enable do nothing.

9. joaomgcd

Yes, when you check the state, if it's on don't do anything in the task :)

10. gonzo

gonzo New Member

But I want use this to another task. I not always disabled mobile data and now when mobile date will enabled and this task run my next task not work

11. gonzo

gonzo New Member

so it's possible or definitely not?

12. radalv

radalv New Member

Hello
    I was following this example,on the 2nd step on the autoimput query I am having difficulties.
    When I selected the variable, and name it status and then change the variable text from what it has to what the tutorial suggests it should be.
    When I teste it, the flash message i get says only %status and it wont toggle it. It does not matter if the data is ON or OFF; the flash message I get is %status.

Phone is Galaxy S6, running Android 6.0.1
    This is the original value for the variable
    [​IMG]

This is to what the variable is changed
    [​IMG]
    this is the message I get when testing
    [​IMG]
    Then after this it does not do the 4th step that is to click it on autoinput. and i get this error message from autoinput
    [​IMG]

13. DeMichaelis

DeMichaelis New Member

Quesrion to step 1:
    Which SettingsApp do i have to install ?

14. Guv

Guv New Member

Hi. It seems my phone has an extra step required to get to the Mobile Data Toggle .. hence the Data Usage Intent stops one screen short .. thus the rest of the actions do not work. Can I modify the Data Usage Intent so it goes to the next screen? Any help would be greatly appreciated .. Please. The phone is a Samsung S7 Active running Nougat.

This is the Data Usage Screen the Data Usage Intent goes to. Need to click the Mobile Data to get to the next screen where the toggle is. DataUsageScreen.jpg

MobileDataScreen.png

15. joaomgcd

I don't know if there's an intent, but you can simply make AutoInput click that as well :) Hope this helps.

16. Guv

Guv New Member

Thank you for your reply. I have tried over and over. I use AutoInput to select the Mobile Data Toggle on the second screen .. but when I run it it hangs on the first screen then times out! Is there anything further I I provide to you to help ?

17. Guv

Guv New Member

Thanks João. I struggled on and eventually had some success. In the end I had to use List Value to get anything to work. No other selection options would work and of course it was the last one I tried to result in success! :) Greatly appreciate your apps and support. Cheers.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  18. joaomgcd

Great to hear thanks! :)

19. WAV

WAV New Member

It is great idea, how to switch mobile data. Works fine, switching is fast. Thanks. But I have a small cosmetic bug. Autoinput recognoise switch button as text I or O, but not it copied to the %status variable. Other text strings on the status screen was copied right and flashed. Where I have this mistake?

20. DeMichaelis

DeMichaelis New Member

This doesnt work on my OnePlus 6 (Android 8).
    Can anyone help me ?
    Step 2 doesnt work! no status will be shown on the screen!