AutoVoice Google Home not speaking response

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Orange Bucket, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Orange Bucket

Orange Bucket New Member

I have a Tasker profile using the AutoVoice Recogized event triggered by the easy command:

blood pressure $bpsys over $bpdia heart rate $bphr

It works absolutely fine except for the very rare occasions Google Home decides to send e.g. '120/80' instead of '120 over 80'. That's by the by though.

The irritation is that despite having set up an easy response, Google Home never speaks it. It now always does the 'Command sent ...' thing. I've varied the response, added multiple choices, deleted and recreated the Tasker profile, but to no avail. Strange thing is I'm pretty sure it originally worked for a day or two. It's worked fine on other commands so it's something about this one.

Not the end of the world but it's irritating.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Can you please go into AutoVoice -> Personal Assistant -> Commands -> pull down to refresh and check if the command is there?

If it sometimes it sends '120/80' instead of '120 over 80' you can add a variation to the command :)
    Simply set the easy command to:
    Code (Text):
    blood pressure $bpsys over $bpdia heart rate $bphr,blood pressure $bpsys/$bpdia heart rate $bphr
    and it should work.
    Hope this helps!

3. Orange Bucket

Orange Bucket New Member

Hello,

Yes the command is there looking as it should do. Just for some reason the Google Home never speaks that response.

As for the alternative command, I had already tried that but AutoVoice sees "$bpsys/$bpdia" as a single variable name and tries to create a "%bpsys/$bpdia" variable in Tasker. I am sure that is neither the intended or the expected behaviour but that's what happens.

G.

4. Orange Bucket

Orange Bucket New Member

Update: I was a bit suspicious that I had been asked for my Google account when I refreshed the commands in AutoVoice earlier. So I unlinked and relinked AutoVoice to my Google Home account and found that the command wasn't there any more, whereas the ones that were working were fine. I had had a fiddle in Tasker and saved everything and the command appeared. I tested it again and got the response. So I'm not sure what has been happening.

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Ok, so just to clarify, it's working now correct? :)

6. Orange Bucket

Orange Bucket New Member

Yes, the original issue does seem to have sorted itself out somehow, thanks. It has, though, revealed the issue that "$bpsys/$bpdia" is being interpreted as a single variable in an easy command.