AutoVoice AutoVoice responses changing voice

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Orange Bucket, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Orange Bucket

Orange Bucket New Member

I have an AutoVoice command set up to give the response 'OK meds taken' to Google Home when it is recognised, and indeed it does exactly that and has for months, always using a female voice. However in the last few days the response has, as often as not, been in a male voice. Not only that but the 'OK' is female and then it changes to male. So I get ...

Female Voice: OK
    Male Voice: meds taken

I must admit to be being unclear as to whether the response is being generated from my phone or on an AutoVoice server, but either way it seems a bit weird.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

That's weird :) Can you maybe show me a video of that so I can figure out what might be happening? Thanks

3. Orange Bucket

Orange Bucket New Member

I'll try and sort a video out. I had one but it is getting really weird now as I've been having a play and changed the response so it says 'OK $whichmeds med taken'.

I now find that 'OK' always sounds female. If the rest of the response is something I've used in the past like 'test meds taken', or 'pretend meds taken', or 'evening meds taken' it comes out male. If it is something I only used today like 'green meds taken' it comes out female.

[Though of course I only added the variable to the response a little while ago so the argument slightly breaks down. They are previously used values of the variable though.]

I also tried another command that has multiple responses and one came out with a female OK and the rest of the response male, but the others were female.

It is like there is a cache of previously used responses or part responses and somehow some of those have picked up a male voice from somewhere. Or alternatively a long term cache that is coming out male, and a short term female one.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Did you maybe use IFTTT for some of those commands?

5. Orange Bucket

Orange Bucket New Member

No, these are purely AutoVoice/Tasker commands.

The particular AutoVoice command I see issues with most, because it is currently the one in regular use, is the 'take $whichmeds meds' and the response 'OK $whichmeds meds taken'. I tried a few random values of $whichmeds for what I assume is the first time this morning.

I got the responses 'ok' (female) 'windowsill meds' (male), 'ok lightbulb meds' (all female), and 'ok' (female) 'suitcase meds' (male). So it's a bit more random than it seemed before but it is repeatable. The language is UK English, by the way.

6. Orange Bucket

Orange Bucket New Member

Last night and this morning I have been consistently receiving responses in the female voice instead of the odd combination of 'ok' in female and then a male voice for the rest. I'm hoping this indicates the issue has been resolved.

G.

: voicechanged