AutoWeb Ability to specify SSL cert?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Artimis, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Artimis

Artimis New Member

I have 2 questions:
    1) Is there (or will there be) the ability to specify which SSL certificate should be used for a Web Service?

2) Is the App/plugin configured to properly make use of TLS 1.1 and 1.2 on older Android Versions (e.g. 4.1 - 4.4) which have the capability but are not enabled by default?

The problem I am trying to solve is that I was using an Android 4.1 box + Tasker (and AutoRemote for notifications) to monitor the status of my Tesla Powerwall 2 setup via the API and report any grid outages to my devices.

Telsa recently issued a software update which changes all the local API endpoints from HTTP to HTTPS. This is causing a problem for my older devices. Even when selecting "Trust Any Certificate" using the native HTTP GET call in Tasker or selecting the new self-signed cert to be used by an HTTP GET call via the RESTask plugin, errors are thrown on older devices (SSL Handshake Exception).

I was hoping to get around this by using AutoWeb to create a Web Service for the local Telsa API. For now, I'm just trying to get it to work on a newer (Android 7.0) device but running into an issue because I can't specify to use the self-signed cert from the local Tesla Gateway (error: "Trust anchor for certification path not found"). I've imported the cert into the Trusted certs store on my phone but that isn't changing anything.

Ideally, I would like to configure the Web Service to trust this cert and use it. And if the plugin properly enables TLS on older devices then I can use this solution on my Android 4.1 - 4.4 devices (updating those is not an option).

2. Calvin Potts

Calvin Potts New Member

It would be really helpful to have this feature in UCP. DTR made life much easier with this feature.

3. Artimis

Artimis New Member

Since there was no solution for this, I have moved all the logic from running this via Tasker on my Android box to creating a lua script running as a scene (every 20 seconds) running on my Vera Plus.

: autoweb, SSL