Open Respect Do Not Disturb Setting Not Working

Discussion in 'Join' started by ejf071189, Aug 15, 2018.

1. ejf071189

ejf071189 Member

Under the advanced section of notifications in join on android (9.0), I have "Respect Do Not Disturb" enabled, however when I get messages while my phone is on DND, I still get notifications on Chrome (Windows 10)

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Are you maybe getting SMS notifications? That setting is meant for app notifications. Thanks

3. ejf071189

ejf071189 Member

Those are the primary notifications I get (and the primary ones I would want to be disabled when I have do not disturb set) so that's probably the case.

Do you have a recommendation for preventing text notifications when the phone is on DND?

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

The problem is that it's harder to figure out if an SMS is included in DND or not... for example, if you receive an unsolicited SMS you may want to respect DND but if it's from your wife you may want to receive it... With notifications I can ask the system if it should be blocked by DND or not, with SMS notifications I cannot...

5. ejf071189

ejf071189 Member

I see. I'll just use the "mute notifications" button in the chrome extension as a workaround for now. Thanks!

As a side note, would it be possible to pull in the "starred" setting for contacts when syncing contact info to join? This is how I have SMS override DND on my phone, so perhaps this could be a potential way to solve the issue on the join side (only allow SMS to come in for starred contacts when a device is on DND)