Solved Notification count/window not updating until refresh on chrome extension

Discussion in 'Join' started by ejf071189, Aug 31, 2018.

1. ejf071189

ejf071189 Member

For app notifications other than SMS, I'm not getting a chrome desktop notification or seeing the join icon update unless I go into the notification section of the join extension and click the refresh icon.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Did you enable notifications for the apps and devices you want in the Join Android app?

3. ejf071189

ejf071189 Member

Yes. Sorry, edited my original post to be more clear. Notifications still come through, I just need to click on the refresh icon within the extension before they do.

https://i.imgur.com/We2cM3D.png

4. joaomgcd

Yes, that'll happen whether or not the app notifications are enabled :) What I meant was, did you enable them as shown here: https://joaoapps.com/join/ ?

Enable each app and device?

5. ejf071189

ejf071189 Member

Yes I have my various chrome devices enabled under "Notification Devices" and apps like FB messenger, Gogole Keep, etc. enabled uner "Notification Apps". I'm able to get the desired notifications in chrome, they just don't come up in real time (I have to refresh)

6. joaomgcd

That's weird. Can you enable notification debugging for one of those apps and then check the logs? Thanks

7. ejf071189

ejf071189 Member

I'm actually wondering if this has to do with doze since I've been having trouble manually recreating it. It happens very randomly and I've noticed other oddities with android that I would have to assume are doze related (like apps not registering gps even when the phone is charging). In any case, I think this can be marked as closed/solved! Thanks!