AutoNotification Dismiss Outlook calendar notification

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Gabriel Arce, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Gabriel Arce

Gabriel Arce New Member

I have a problem with dismissing Outlook calendar notifications. This is on a pixel 2 xl with Android pie.
    I have an amazfit bip smartphone with an app called Tools Amazfit. They interact with Tasker.
    Amazfit has the ability to show notifications from smartphone but can not dismiss then from the phone. I used Tasker to receive an action from amazfit bip and cancel the notification.
    So when i trigger the action, Tasker dismisses the notification (Meeting ABC starts in 15 minutes). A minute later a new notification comes (Meeting ABC starts in 14 minutes)
    This does not happen if you dismiss the notification from the smartphone itself. Pretty anoying.
    Any suggestions?

2. Gabriel Arce

Gabriel Arce New Member

Ok, it seems I was able to figure this out. It was a problem on the outlook app itself that was not allowing to permanently dismiss the notification. Strange since this problem only happened with tasker.
    I came across online of somebody complaining about notifications repeating every minute. The solution was to go in the outlook app and reset the account. All good after that. If tasker dismisses the notification it doesnt come back a minute later

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Glad you figured it out! :D