AutoWear Running multiple tasks on watch from watch

Discussion in 'Guides / Examples / Ideas Forum' started by ChrisFair, Sep 22, 2018.

1. ChrisFair

ChrisFair New Member

Hi
    A very simple question from a novice. Please help. I have just bought a Ticwatch pro and want to use the android pay feature. Because the watch is running Oreo, the NFC chip gets disabled every time I use it. There is a very useful app called Pay Enabler which, if you run it, then run android pay, all works as promised. I don't always have my phone with me so I'm looking for a way to run the 2 apps Pay Enabler then Android Pay) sequentially and then link this task? to a double press on a button on the watch.
    A step by step guide would be great and would also help in other things I may want to do

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there! When you say "to a double press on a button on the watch" do you mean a physical hardware button?

3. ChrisFair

ChrisFair New Member

Hi, Yes, my watch (Ticwatch Pro) has 2 hardware buttons, one of which is customisable. I would need the Autowear 'routine' to run when that button was pressed (I can pick which program runs but only one). I was thinking if I could get a program that ran other programs in order, that would be the way to go.
    Thanks for you attention

4. joaomgcd

Can you make that button run a specifc app? In this case you would make the AutoWear app run :)

5. ChrisFair

ChrisFair New Member

Yes, it can run AutoWear when I press it. That is what I'm after, the AutoWear program that would make it happen ie
    run Pay Enabler then run Android Pay all with one press of the button

6. ChrisFair

ChrisFair New Member

One of the reasons I'm asking this question is I can't find this type of example in any of the listed projects. It is not always true that I'm connected to the internet so a voice instruction might not work. Thanks

7. joaomgcd

What you do is, make the button open the AutoWear app. Then create a profile in Tasker that reacts to the App Opened event, and in the task do what you need to do :)

Alternatively, create AutoWear App actions that react to the same App Opened command.

8. ChrisFair

ChrisFair New Member

Thank you for your time. I am probably missing something very basic here but creating a profile in Tasker would leave me running something from the phone which will not happen when its not with me. I like the sound of creating AutoWear App actions if they end up on the watch and not on the phone. This makes the watch run independently?
    I have tried to do this but I create the first action then, when I create a subsequent action it seems to overwrite the first.

9. joaomgcd

Yes, when you create AutoWear App actions, they are stored on the watch :)

You have to give them different Ids/names so they don't overwrite each other. Hope this helps!

10. ChrisFair

ChrisFair New Member

Many thanks
    My proof of concept app is working fine. The remaining issues I have I can sort. Thanks for the advice. Great product.

11. joaomgcd

Great to know, thanks :D