AutoTools AutoTools Time - can't get the output

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by cisco187, Oct 1, 2018.

1. cisco187

cisco187 New Member

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I cantb get the add time action to work. I fill in the output format and output variable, bit the variable is never returned.

It just never sets the variable, and the configuration screen shows only variables relating to error messages.

Please help!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Does it work if you don't set an output variable and let it stay default?

3. cisco187

cisco187 New Member

It seems that, whether I specify output information or not, there's no variable created that I can access.

Attached Files:

4. joaomgcd

Hmm, can you please tell me what exactly it is you configured in the action? Also, did you look at some examples in the action's documentation?

5. cisco187

cisco187 New Member

I just configured it to add 10 minutes to the current time. The documentation didn't really help, because it assumes variables will be created that never are - e.g., %atcalulateddate

6. joaomgcd

Can you please try to follow this video? Does it not work if you do it like that? Thanks in advance.

7. cisco187

cisco187 New Member

Yes! It wasn't at all clear that I needed to click on the word "Date" at the top. It doesn't look like a button, bitni saw that in the video and that apparently was what was missing. Thanks for being so responsive .

8. joaomgcd

Oh, glad that worked :) Thanks!

9. Zer0ne

Zer0ne New Member

Heh, for the record, I thought the ''Date" 'button' was a subheading as well - tried passing in my date variable in some pretty... uh... creative ways until I accidentally tapped it.

Like cisco, I was getting no output, no errmsg, no errcode. Your initial response ''fixed" it - ref reverting to blank/default Output Variable.

For me, using a custom Output Variable (local or global), really anything but blank/default, results in a silent poop of the bed and no output date or error from AT. Blank/default Output Variable... works fine. Not a huge issue and easy to work around, just thought I would mention it should anyone else encounter similar weirdness.

: autotools