AutoLocation Geofences on Android 8 Oreo not working

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Stokesy, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Flackburst

Flackburst New Member

joaomgcd, I downloaded the version from the link in post 19. What version should it show? Current version in Google play is 1.2.1 and version I have downloaded and installed is also 1.2.1.
    This is not working for me on Samsung Galaxy S7 on Verizon with Oreo 8.0.0.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yes, that's correct, I didn't update the version number... What exactly is not working for you?

3. Flackburst

Flackburst New Member

It doesn't respond when I enter a geofence area. I check and it take quite some time before even indicates I am in the area.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

For some locations that seems to be a problem, yes. What I found is that if you turn on the geofence and let it be on for a few days, Google suddenly will start "learning" more about it and then start triggering it better.

For example, a few weeks ago I tested a home geofence on a new phone and it wouldn't trigger no matter what. I left it on so I could keep testing and after a while it simply started working...

If you don't want to wait for this "optimization" I suggest you use the location monitor in AutoLocation and enable the option to let the location monitor help the geofence monitor in AutoLocation -> Advanced.

Hope this helps.

5. Flackburst

Flackburst New Member

joaomgcd, Thanks, I will give it a try with the new version. And thanks for all your work making Tasker better!