Multiple AutoApps Record video with Tasker and AutoInput; Press physical Button with AutoInput

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by serious_snape, Oct 17, 2018.

1. serious_snape

serious_snape New Member

Hello Everyone,

I just joined because of a problem I am having for the last 2 days.

Device: Galaxy Note 8, not rooted
    Apps: Tasker, AutoInput Plugin

my problem:

I am trying to get a Task running (in Tasker with the Plugin of AutoInput) which will automatically record Video, so I can later send it to our Server for further use.

First Attempt
    Launching the App is no problem but with the Standard Camera App I had problems with "Pressing"(AutoInput - Action - Easy -Step) the "record Icon" inside the camera app. This also didn't work with the
    X and Y coordinates of the record Icon.

Second Attempt
    I found the free App OpenCamera which you just have to launch (which is no problem) and press the Volume Up Button to start recording video. So I now tried to physically press the Volume Up button with the help of AutoInput . I think I should do this with --> (Tasker) > Plugin >AutoInput>Modes and then I can select my Volume up button, but it says something about suppressing Keys and not physically pressing the Button for me. I don't want to change the function of the Button in the specific app (OpenCamera) I just want to push the button via AutoInput Plugin so I can strap the phone to a robotic arm and record videos without having to press "rec".

Do you see my point ?

sorry for any spelling mistakes or if this is the wrong place to post

Greetings from Germany

Thomas

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. I was able to press the recording button with x,y coordinates on my Galaxy S9 :)
    Can you please export your task's description (not xml) so I can take a look? Long-click the task in Tasker->export description Thanks in advance

3. serious_snape

serious_snape New Member

Hello,

sorry for late replying.
    This was my fist try:

Video Capture (6)
    A1: Send Intent [ Action:android.media.action.VIDEO_CAPTURE Cat:None Mime Type: Data: Extra: Extra: Extra: Package: Class: Target:Broadcast Receiver ]
    A2: AutoInput Action [ Configuration:Type: Point
    Value: 540,580
    Action : Click Timeout (Seconds):2 ]
    A3: AutoInput Action [ Configuration:Type: Point
    Value: 540,580
    Action : Click Timeout (Seconds):5 ]

second try:

Record Video (5)
    A1: Send Intent [ Action:android.media.action.VIDEO_CAPTURE Cat:None Mime Type: Data: Extra: Extra: Extra: Package: Class: Target:Activity ]
    A2: AutoInput Action [ Configuration:Type: Point
    Value: 320,1747
    Action : Click Timeout (Seconds):2 ]

I tryed the standard Camera App and the "Open Camera" App.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

How did you get those different x,y points? Also, please try adding a wait action of 1 or 2 seconds after the Send Intent action.