AutoWear Urbane WiFi: cannot get through Setup Wizard

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by efreese, Dec 9, 2015.

1. efreese

efreese New Member

I am unable to get through the setup wizard. I get as far as issuing the command ("Take a note" in this case). It appears to send and I get the check box, but the wizard never gives me the "next" option. The command I say is "Ok Google ... Take a note ... say hi". Do I need to have something set up in Tasker to receive the command?

I have verified that "Take a note" is set to "AutoWear Command" in the Android Wear app. I have deleted Android Wear and Auto Wear and re-installed them in order. I have factory reset my watch several times. Nothing seems to help.

In Autowear, the examples all seem to work, so the connection is being made, just not the voice interaction.

2. efreese

efreese New Member

Also made sure that the text-to-speech output was set to Google Text-to-speech Engine and default language was set to English (United States). Still no luck.

I see notifications for &screenoff&, etc. but no indication that the command was received.

3. efreese

efreese New Member

Also attempted the OK Google Integration demo and again, no indication of voice command being received.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Can you please back out of the wizard and check the AutoWear logs? Do you see anything of note there? Sorry for the trouble

5. efreese

efreese New Member

In the AutoWear log, the states and commands listings show all the other events (power disconnect, screen on, screen off, etc.) and Command Match indicates that they don't match any tasker/AutoWear profiles, but there is no indication that there was a voice command received.

In the Watch Log, there are several "Unregistered shake listener on screen off" and "Registered shake listener on screen on" entries and a single "Service Created" as the first entry.

What accessibility items should be activated? Are there other settings either on the phone or the watch that I should check?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  6. joaomgcd

There are no accessibility items in AutoWear.

Can you try this please: go to "Manage Screens", add a voice screen, accept the voice screen and see if it shows up on the watch. Say something to it, then check if that appears in the logs.

Sorry for the trouble.

7. efreese

efreese New Member

it appeared in the logs and triggered a tasker profile/task. Do I not need to worry about getting the wizard to work?

8. joaomgcd

If everything else works, then you don't need the wizard no. Still weird how it works in other places but not there. sorry for the trouble.

9. efreese

efreese New Member

OK, so I did a factory reset on my phone because I was having battery usage issues. When I set up the watch again, everything seemed to work in the wizard, so it appears we can write this off to equipment issues, not software issues.

10. joaomgcd