AutoVoice hotword for Google Assistant

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Lipman, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Lipman

Lipman New Member

Is there a way to go on using Google Assistant (on a Sony xz2 compact, Android 9/Pie), and change the hotword from "OK Google"/"Hey Google" to something of my choice?

Another thing is whether one can make it answer with something of my choice ("yeah, what can I do for you?"), but I don't know if this is a matter of AutoVoice.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately that can't be changed sorry. AutoVoice doesn't control that at all.

3. Lipman

Lipman New Member

Thanks!
    The first part I managed, opening Google Assistant with an AutoVoice command if my choice, with the help of the internet, but it takes a second or so, and more importantly, Google Assistant pops up but isn't in listening mode.

4. Humpie

Humpie New Member

Is it okay if I shamelessly plug my own Tasker Hotword Plugin here? (Play store link) It doesn't have to convert the words you say to speech before recognising your custom hotwords so it's (almost) as fast as native "Hey Google".
    This combined with the action "voice command" in Tasker (or the slightly faster ''input keyevent ASSIST" shell command, that does require root) achieves what you want I think.
    Do enable the option that pauses the mic service in other apps, otherwise Google Assistant can't hear you.

Lipman likes this.
  5. Lipman

Lipman New Member

Thanks!

It's pretty fast, even without rooting. Unfortunately, even with the pausing enabled, Google Assistant doesn't even open visually, and I only get a short pop-up saying

"Your audio will be sent to Google to provide speech recognition service. A transript will be shared with this app.
    Saving audio to [my handle]@gmail.com..."

(Unrelated: can the "Ding" be changed to a different sound of my choosing?)

6. Humpie

Humpie New Member

Hmm, I think it's just a problem with how assistant is installed on your phone... What happens when you open the Google Assistant app from the Play Store?
    You can turn off the "ding" if you like, it's more for debugging your hotwords. But you have Tasker at your disposal ;) you can play any sound you want from the task you start from the Hotword.

7. Lipman

Lipman New Member

The Play Store says this item is not available in my country, strangely. ("Country", not "device".)
    On my phone, it's the plain Google app, which opens (e.g.) when I longpress the home (soft) button or say "ok, Google".

8. Humpie

Humpie New Member

That's odd. Do you have your phone's language set to a supported language? (Like English (US))

9. Spankyham

Spankyham New Member

Can you add this?
    This TechJunkie article from earlier this year gives 2 methods. Method 2 actually says it can be done with Tasker and Autovoice.

10. joaomgcd

Not sure what they are on about :p What they are saying doesn't work at all!

11. Anthony Rocco Romanelli

Anthony Rocco Romanelli New Member

Hi,
    I'm using your plugin and it works fine until i get to the assist where it says "Can't reach google at the moment" how do i solve this problem

12. joaomgcd

Can you please show me a screenshot of that? Thanks