AutoTools Toggle grayscale mode in Note9

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by dioshy, Nov 9, 2018.

1. dioshy

dioshy New Member

Hi!

I have been trying to find the setting to toggle grayscale on/off in the Note 9 (stock), but I cannot find it. I used the ADB/WinMerge method described in the tutorial on how to find any setting; no luck. I used the Custom Setting Assistance of Secure Settings, and it did not find the setting either.

I have contacted Samsung over chat, email and the phone, and no one can tell me the information either. I can use AutoInput to create a routine, but that is the ugly way to do what I need. I would like the phone to go into grayscale mode automatically when I launch particular apps.

Currently, the only way of getting into grayscale mode is Settings > Accessibility > Vision > Color Management > Grayscale > On.

Does anyone know what is the setting for this, that I can use with AutoTools?

Thanks,
    Dioshy

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

I was actually able to find the greyscale_mode system setting with the Tasker Custom Setting action. But unfortunately when toggling it, the screen doesn't change. The setting does (if you go to Android Settings you can see that the setting was toggled) but nothing happens....

3. dioshy

dioshy New Member

Yeah, I just found it out as well... One minute ago, I attempted to change it from 0 (disabled) to 1 (enabled) and now Secure Settings is giving me this error:

Can't change setting on this device: You cannot keep your settings in the secure settings.