AutoWear Support for Gear S2

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by BzowK, Dec 15, 2015.

1. BzowK

BzowK New Member

Hey Guys -

First of all, I use many of your apps and love them. You are one of my very favorite developers and even purchase hardware based off of what your apps are compatible with (Vera.) I recently upgraded to An AT&T HTC One A9 and at the same time, went with the special being offered of a Gear S2 watch, too. While development for it is still young, I've learned much more about it recently as it runs Tizen instead of Android Wear. When I found you offered AutoWear today, I couldn't wait to play with it.

Once installed, I opened AutoWear, but it wouldn't connect - it just said "Connecting." I left it for a couple of minutes to see if it would, but my phone eventually crashed :(. Seeing as it runs Tizen, it seems it's not compatible anyways.

So - I just wanted to post and see if it or a similar app was compatible. If not, PLEASE add support for it! If there are current plans to do this, any type of ETA would be appreciated - Thanks!!!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately because Tizen has such a small user base it wouldn't be profitable for me to invest time in an app for it. Sorry, wish I had more time to do every project out there :)

3. BzowK

BzowK New Member

I totally understand. Ohh well. I hate to ask, but being such a big supporter, if you happen to be aware of any current Tasker plugins / methods for Tizen; I'd appreciate you letting me know either via reply or PM. I cant find anything. Wish I had done more homework first :)

Thanks!

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, I'm not aware of one either. Wish I could help!

5. MikeW

MikeW Member

6. BzowK

BzowK New Member

No worries - Hopefully with time an app or workaround will be created if not some sort of minor compatibility between the two platforms. Keep up the good work! Thanks!

: tizen, gear s2