AutoVoice AutoVoice in Google Assistant, use Tasker variable in response?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Ceetch, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Ceetch

Ceetch New Member

Is it possible to have AutoVoice's responses in Google Assistant directly reference a Tasker variable?
    At the very least, is there an action in Tasker to modify what AutoVoice says in response to known commands?
    I have several sensors for temperature and other values that report to Tasker. I'd like to be able to directly ask my Google Home to tell me what the temperature is in a certain room and be able to respond with the current value of the corresponding sensor.
    I've got as far as using a routine to bypass having to request AutoVoice before asking the question and I can get AutoVoice to give a fixed response and have it go to Tasker, but short of using AutoCast to Speak back through the Google Home speaker, I can't get it to directly answer with the current value of the temperature sensor.

2. Ceetch

Ceetch New Member

I just found the action Natural Language Response and tried to use it to change the response to one of my commands, but it doesn't seem to work. No errors come back from it, but the response doesn't get changed.
    Am I missing something?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

To use Natural Language in Google Home you have to enable the option in Natural Language > Commands > Use for Google Assistant/Alexa.

Did you try that?

4. Ceetch

Ceetch New Member

Yes, the Natural Language commands are working, but when I try to use the Tasker actions to change the response, the change doesn't happen.

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member