Open Continuously asked to sign in

Discussion in 'Join' started by Andreas Toth, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Andreas Toth

Andreas Toth Member

I keep being asked to sign in by Join on my desktop PC. I believe the sign in is coming from the Chrome extension and not the Windows 10 app which I'm also running (which results in double-up of the notifications, but I'm using both to use one as a backup method in case the other fails).

Why are these insistent sign-ins happening?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Where exactly are you getting these sign in requests? Can you clarify? Thanks.

3. Andreas Toth

Andreas Toth Member

I thought it was Chrome, but on closer investigation I see these log-in request come from Firefox and only appear when I have started Firefox. I probably should disable the Join extension since it's not really supported at this stage. So not an issue.

4. Andreas Toth

Andreas Toth Member

My mistake, it wasn't the extension. There is none. Doh! What it was is that I had a pinned Firefox tab with Join. I think it must have been this. I have since closed this pinned tab and restarted Firefox and I wasn't asked to sign-in again. However, should the website be asking me to sign-in every time I start my browser? I'm sure it never has since that pinned tab has been there for ages until I closed it a few minutes ago.

5. joaomgcd

That would happen if you clear cookies every time you close your browser for example...

6. Andreas Toth

Andreas Toth Member

I don't clear my cookies, I eat them. But seriously, no I don't do that. Note that every other tab remains logged in following a restart of my browser and that this issue has started happening fairly recently.

7. joaomgcd

Very strange.. I don't get that at all myself... Maybe some add-on you might have installed?

8. Andreas Toth

Andreas Toth Member

Unfortunate I have had a system crash and won't be able to attempt to reproduce this for a while. Even then it may turn out to be futile exercise.