Initiate a Google Assistant command from Tasker?

Discussion in 'General' started by Adlx, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Adlx

Adlx New Member

Is there a way to send a "text" command to Google Assistant from Tasker using any of your plugins? (I'm suscribed).

What I'd like is for example to send the text command like "dim light X to 5%" using Tasker (like I would "say" it, but from Tasker).

Enviado desde mi COL-L29 mediante Tapatalk

2. Robert B

Robert B New Member

If you have AutoVoice it can be done from Tasker as long as Google Assistant is your default assistant.

In Tasker, add a voice command action and then use a Say action with what you want to send to Google Assistant.

3. Adlx

Adlx New Member

Thanks, but the goal is to not use voice at all. Basically I need to create a Tasker task that will call somehow a Google Assistant action, but without ever talking to it.

Enviado desde mi COL-L29 mediante Tapatalk

4. Robert B

Robert B New Member

You yourself wouldn't have to talk to it . You put the text you want to perform into a say action in Tasker and then when the profile is triggered Tasker opens GA, your phone says the command and GA performs the action. Other option would be to launch the GA command and then use the Tasker keyboard action put the text into GA. That would probably work also

5. Robert B

Robert B New Member

6. Robert B

Robert B New Member

7. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

8. Roger Binny

Roger Binny New Member

Yes! You Can do it with AutoVoice. All you have to do is make Google Assistant as a default voice assistant. Record the commands and the app will send the command to Assistant when the same is triggered.