Solved [Chrome] Unable to register on Join's server!

Discussion in 'Join' started by BrokenUpdate, Jan 30, 2019.

1. BrokenUpdate

BrokenUpdate New Member

Hey Joao! Hope your doing well. :)

I've got this problem where my Chrome plugin is not registering on the Join server (from diagnostics). It's not a major problem since all the operations work perfectly fine except for the text messages being displayed in the chrome extension. I get notifications for new messages but it does't get added to the message list. I don't really use text messaging much so it's not a big problem for me.

I've noticed that disabling and enabling the extension fixes this issue. It passes the diagnostics and all the new and old text messages show up. But sometimes when I shutdown my laptop for a longer period of time (~8+ hrs), it again stops functioning. If its connected to the internet all the time or a short break doesn't matter, it works as intended. When this happens the update/refresh button on the chrome extension keeps on animating in a loop. That kinda annoys me when I open up the Join plugin and that's the main reason behind this post lol...

As I said my phone passes the diagnostics and I do get a test message in chrome. So I believe connection is not an issue here but chrome is. Is there a fix for this? Or should I reinstall chrome or the extension from scratch?
    Here's a screenshot.

Edit: I sometimes connect to the internet via a VPN and I've noticed that Join doesn't get updated while connected via a VPN. Pushes and notifications work fine, just the refresh button keeps on rotating. As soon as I disconnect from the VPN, it gets updated. Do you think this might be the reason for the problem. Maybe Join was trying to connect to its server when the VPN was running and but couldn't re-connect once the VPN was disconnected and is still trying to connect with the VPN IP or something? I personally have no clue about the whole authentication process lol...just trying to help you troubleshoot the problem :)

P.S. I switched from Firefox just so that I could use Join. And thanks Joao for developing the awesome suite of AutoApps, everyday a new idea pops up in my head and I just can't stop myself from creating them using Tasker and your plugins. :)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

BrokenUpdate likes this.
  3. BrokenUpdate

BrokenUpdate New Member

Yes. I can access the Join dashboard without any issues. I can access the API's, look at the push history, send commands etc. Everything works perfectly. But when I run diagnostics it gets stuck on 'testing registration..' and the refresh button keeps on loading. I can fix this by disabling and enabling the extension though. :) ScreenShot

4. joaomgcd

Oh great :) So it works now?

5. BrokenUpdate

BrokenUpdate New Member

Lol..no Joao it's still stuck at 'Testing registration...' I've been facing this problem for the past one month or so. Just didn't report it because it wasn't a major problem. What I meant was It will work fine once I disable and enable the extension again. I know this from experience. :)

6. BrokenUpdate

BrokenUpdate New Member

But I can still access the Join Dashboard with the test still stuck at registration. Weird huh? :p

7. joaomgcd

Hmm, but what will make it stop working again? Do you know?

8. BrokenUpdate

BrokenUpdate New Member

I'm guessing it's the VPN. When I use a VPN of some particular countries, the test doesn't work and the refresh icon keeps on rotating. All the pushes and the functions work fine with the VPN though. Once I disconnect the VPN, it will pass the test. So basically after disconnecting from the VPN, If I don't click on the refresh button at least once and straight away close my browser, and when I open it the next day or so, the extension might still be trying to connect via the old VPN IP and failing!? I'm not sure. I have absolutely no idea about how this stuff works.
    Anyways no need to break your head on this small issue lol. It's nothing serious and does't affect the overall functioning of the extension. Thanks a lot for your help. See you around. :)

: Join, Chrome, Messages