Simple task to kill active apps

1. Sergpot

Sergpot New Member

Sergpot submitted a new AutoApps project:

Simple app-killer task - Simple task to kill active apps

Read more about this project...

2. Johnnywynne

Johnnywynne New Member

Hi. I have an unrooted android head unit and (please dont ask why) I need to periodically force stop google play services. Google Play Services auto starts again a few seconds after force close which is exactly what i want it to do. Infact what i want it to do is that as soon as the android head unit connects to my wifi hotspot I want to force stop google play services and have it restart itself a few seconds later. Would you be able to assist me on this project?
    Thanks Kindly

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Maybe this will help you?

4. Johnnywynne

Johnnywynne New Member

Hi joaomgcd, i have tried this tutorial 4 or 5 times now and Im still having a problem with it. When i run/test the task it never loads the Google Play Music (force stop screen) and when it gets to the AutoShare part of the task I get this little pop up message at the bottom of the screen that says AutoShare App Info
    Also Im trying to open the Google Play Services app so that i can Force Stop it. Could anyone offer any assistance on what the package name is and how i can use that package name in this tutorial instead of Google Music?

Attached Files:

5. joaomgcd

You need to use the "Find Compatible Apps" option inside the AutoShare action so that you can select that by default :) Hope this helps!

6. Johnnywynne

Johnnywynne New Member

Sorry, I dont understand what you mean? Do you mean that is why i am getting that pop up message now? Im following the tutorial.....am i missing something? Thank you

7. joaomgcd

Yes, that's why you're getting that popup. It seems that on some devices it doesn't automatically assume the choice (it does on mine). So to fix it, open the AutoShare action in Tasker and use the "Find Compatible Apps" option. Let me know if it works.

8. Johnnywynne

Johnnywynne New Member

But im trying to open Google Play Services to force stop that. Im not sure that is possible from "find compatible apps" is it?
    Anyway, I did try it. But when i check the "find compatible apps" it only lists the autoshare app?
    I could be wrong but i believe the package name for Google Play Services is com.google.android.gms and if this is true and wanted to bypass the whole variables set up. Is there a way to get tasker and autoinput to launch it and force close?
    Thank you

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  9. vrcd

vrcd New Member

Working, but usless. More suitable for demonstrating the work of the plugin, than is really useful.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  10. PEN

PEN New Member

Hi @joaomgcd ! I wish you would have included an XML task with this... I'm do not understand how to manually produce the following:
    A7: App Settings [ App:%applist(%appid) ]
    Where do we get this "App Settings"?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  11. joaomgcd

Hi. I didn't create the task myself :)
    Sorry!

12. PEN

PEN New Member

Understood. And thank you for the quick reply. Can you make heads or tails of the task by its exported description (downloadable above)? Can anyone help?

13. joaomgcd

It seems that the task is reading the app list from a file and then making an array out of it :)