AutoWear Autowear launches settings screen instead of voice screen

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Nicolas FOVET, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Nicolas FOVET

Nicolas FOVET New Member

Hi,
    I tried to use Autowear on my Huawei Watch, and while I successfully passed the first steps of the wizard ("Note to self" part : ok, shake to voice screen : ok), I have an issue with the next steps of the wizard when it uses the pre-defined apps to launch a voice screen. For example, I am able to check that the "command" app is available in the Huawei app launcher after setting it in the autowear settings. But, as soon as I say "ok Google, start command", autowear only launch the settings page again. Whatever the command I set (Command, Jarvis, Home, ...) it detect it correctly but only launch the settings page.
    Regards

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there, sorry for the trouble. :( Unfortunately Google changed the google app to not allow launching "sub-apps" by voice... You can still select it from the app list though. It's a really unfortunate situation that I can't fix. I'll need to update the app to explain this situation. For now you can simply go ahead and select the app manually from the list, sorry!

3. Mikem

Mikem New Member

Just spent a few hours trying to solve this so, yes please update the app info about this limitation since it still says it supports voice commands. Great work though, loving the app otherwise and I'd be curious (if you have a notification list going) to know when the voice command thing gets sorted.

4. joaomgcd

Hi @Mikem what voice command thing do you mean exactly?

5. Baran

Baran New Member

HI,
    same issue here... I have a moto 360 v2, enabled Jarvis voice command.. "ok google, start Jarvis" bring up the settings.

6. joaomgcd

Unfortunately there's nothing I can do :( Google changed the way they launch apps with voice in the latest version. This really sucks

7. novalu

novalu New Member

I've been banging my head against a wall several hours trying to have voice screen opened on Ok, Google command like a few months ago… and then I found this thread :) It's a shame what Google done, but workaround for much users could be to just open simple voice screen on "Ok, google, start AutoWear". I think that this will be more useful than opening AutoWear settings. Or is there chance for fixing this with Android Wear API 23?

Great apps anyway.
    Regards

8. joaomgcd

Ok, I'll make that change @novalu :) Thanks

9. novalu

novalu New Member

Oh, and now it is especially important after update to M on Wear. I have Moto 360 1st gen and with new wrist gestures I cannot launch voice screen on shake. When I shake watch, it'll open voice screen, but then immediately disappear because of new shake gesture, which return to watch screen. I can still use amazing floating icon to start voice screen, but, you know, it is no hands free.

Good luck with updating and thank you in advance :)

10. Denistbz

Denistbz New Member

Yes, same here, problems with shake.

11. joaomgcd

Thank you for the reports. I'll check it out when I get the update on my watch. Sorry for the trouble!

12. Ben Mason

Ben Mason New Member

Firstly I would like to say I love the Autowear, great app, thanks for the work!
    Strange that google decided to stop 3rd party apps from launching by voice. The training material for wear (still online today) says that including a start action in the same way you would for requesting a launcher icon on a handheld should work. I wonder if this impact wasn't intentional?!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  13. Ben Mason

Ben Mason New Member

Ok so I have a sort of work around. Its not ideal and you may not like it but...

If you turn off gestures on your watch you can use shake action to launch your custom voice screen.
    At least this way its hands free....

14. Einee

Einee New Member

Is it still possible to use shake to lunch autowear listening?

15. joaomgcd

Yes, that's still possible