Open Receiving SMS through Join but not in SMS app

Discussion in 'Join' started by jebmation, Feb 12, 2019.

1. jebmation

jebmation New Member

So I have been experiencing a problem with receiving SMS responses through Join the past few months. They appear in my chrome extension on my computer but they do not appear in my SMS app on my phone. This initially started around late December. I am unsure what is initial cause of the problem but it appears to happen to me every few days when I usually need to reboot my phone to fix it.

I am able to receive SMS messages and they show in my chrome extension. I am able to respond there just as normal but I only show the outgoing message on my phone SMS history.

When I send an message from my SMS app it is received by the other person. But when they send me a message I do not see any indication that it is received unless my chrome extension tells me. Therefore I can only communicate with the chrome extension.

Lastly, I have a problem with my SMS logs where my message history is completely out of sort with some messages being received and some messages not being received. When I reboot my phone I am able to start seeing new text messages coming through and loaded into my SMS history for my application but I do not see the previous message history that Join has available.

My phone is a OnePlus 5T and I am not sure if this is a cause of the problem but I initially started experiencing the problem when I first updated to Oreo in December. I am now on Android P which was released a few weeks ago and I'm still experiencing the problem.

Any help would be appreciated as I love this app and have come to depend on it the last few years.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Is it maybe related to the SMS app you use? Have you tried using a different one?

3. jebmation

jebmation New Member

So I use textra for my sms. I have tried switching to Hangouts and the Googles regular SMS app. Still see the same behavior.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Something very similar was known to be happening with the Google Messages app. Can you please check here?