Tasker Do something at the first unlock of the day

Trigger a task when you first unlock your phone in the morning, no matter the time

1. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

joaomgcd submitted a new AutoApps project:

Do something at the first unlock of the day - Trigger a task when you first unlock your phone in the morning, no matter the time

Read more about this project...

2. autormali

autormali Member

3. Nsr

Nsr New Member

Can anybody explain a little bit that how exactly it works? Like what criteria are set to achieve this?

4. joaomgcd

What part of it didn't you understand exactly?

5. Afrosheen

Afrosheen New Member

I'm sorry, but I don't understand how it works. I imported the project, set up the required profile and used my task. I then turned it off then on several times and nothing happened. I don't understand what the "Sleep Time" is for.

6. Robert B

Robert B New Member

This is for doing a task the first time you unlock your device each day. The Sleep time is just when the variable resets itself so that the first time you unlock your device after that time, this task runs.

Let's say for example each morning when you unlock you phone you wanted it to announce to you the weather and your schedule for the day but you only wanted it to do it the first time you unlock your phone in the morning. This task would accomplish that by doing it once and then not again until after the Sleep Time was reset.

7. Afrosheen

Afrosheen New Member

Thanks for the quick reply. It looks like you have to leave your phone on in order to reset. Usually I shut my phone down, so I'll have to come up with a way where it will reset when phone is shutting down.

8. Robert B

Robert B New Member

Yes this would require that your phone be on at the time of the Sleep Time reset. But, you could set a variable on the first boot of the day and maybe use it that way. Something like set a variable to current date and then at boot, run task to check that variable against the current date again. If current date > lastdateset then run task and set lastdateset to new date.

9. joaomgcd

Thank you Robert! :)