AutoNotification Anyway to Dismiss Pie Update Notice?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Nogods, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Nogods

Nogods New Member

Can Autonotification with or without Tasker block or at least dismiss the update to pie notifications I keep getting from Motorola for a moto x4? The only choices are "download and install" or "remind me later".

I have a moto x4 that can't be rooted. I need to stay on Android 8 and do not want to upgrade to Android 9 because I need to be able to use telephone recording apps for my work.

I've tried several methods of preventing the update notice from Motorola but have not found a way to prevent it from appearing. It appears 2 to 3 times per day now, and although I can pick "remind me later" it is getting annoying.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Did you try the Blocking functionality in the main AutoNotification app?

3. Nogods

Nogods New Member

Unfortunately the android pie update notice from motorola does not show up in the list of notifications in the "which to block" list.

Another app, called Notification History Pro, shows the update notice coming from the app called "Motorola Update Services" even though I had turned off app notices in that app.

Is it possible that because the notification does not show up in the list of notices for Autonotification that the update notice is somehow bypassing the Autonotification app?

4. joaomgcd

Yeah, it must be some kind of special system notification, sorry :(

5. virtual

virtual New Member

Provided that you can't block it, you may try to intercept the notification and click the button Remind me later through AutoNotification with Tasker.

6. joaomgcd

That's a good idea :)

7. Nogods

Nogods New Member

autonotification seems unable to intercept the update notice. I also tried it on a rooted x4 that I bought just so I could root the phone and turn off the motorola update service. Before turning that off I tried to block the update notice with autonotification but had no luck. Somehow it is hidden from or overriding autonotification. The update notification never shows up in the list of notifications when I choose the help me set up a block option. However, it does show up in the the list of notices in the Notification History Pro app as a notification from the Motorola Update Service, and when I turn off the Motorola Update Service on the rooted phone the update notices do stop. So I'm certain I have the right app selected in autonotification.