AutoNotification AutoNotification Bugs

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Thatuserguy, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Thatuserguy

Thatuserguy New Member

I was messing around with using Join Actions and AutoNotification as a workaround so remote notification actions don't turn the screen on, as is the case with many apps using the native feature for it in Join. I got it working, but in doing so, came across a few bugs with AutoNotification:
    • An AutoNotification State Context paired with a State/Event Context from another Auto App makes it so the %anbutton[x]action Action does not work.
      • Tested examples where %anbutton[x]action doesn't work properly:
        • Pairing an AutoNotification Intercept State Context with an AutoApps Command Intercept Event
        • Same as above, but with AutoNotification Query added additionally before the %anbutton[x]action Action
        • Pairing an AutoNotification Intercept State Context with an AutoNotification Command Intercept Event Context
      • Tested examples where %anbutton[x]action does work properly:
        • If the AutoNotification State/Event is the only Context
        • If the AutoNotification State/Event is paired with Contexts that aren't from the Auto Apps (tested with Display State On, and Wifi Connected as additional Contexts)
        • Another Auto App is the only Context, and AutoNotification Query is used before the %anbutton[x]action Action
    • The "Any" field in the AutoNotification Query action does not appear to function properly. I've tried filling the field with both standard text, as well as variables referencing text, but in both cases, it appeared to fail to match any of the existing notifications. However, if I instead put a variable/text specifically in the Text/Title fields individually, it matches existing notifications properly.
    Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else! :)

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Thansk for the reports.
    • This is expected. The state variables will only be available when the state is first triggered. Since you're matching it with an event, the state variables will never be available
    • This should work. Can you please export your profile's description (not xml) so I can take a look? Long-click the profile in Tasker->export description Thanks in advance
    • Same as above
    Hope this helps! :)

3. Thatuserguy

Thatuserguy New Member

Rather odd. I'm running the problem profiles again, but now they're working fine. It definitely was an issue, as I tested it extensively before making this post. That said, I've restarted my phone multiple times since making this post, and also had a software update on the 26th with the vague note of "various system improvements." Perhaps one of those cleared the issue, and it was just my phone itself acting buggy? I'll definitely keep my eye on this, but it seems to have sorted itself out for now. Sorry for the trouble!