AutoNotification Notification Processed Multiple Times

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by armandvdwalt, Mar 11, 2019.

1. armandvdwalt

armandvdwalt New Member

I am hoping someone here will be able to assist me, I have setup AutoNotification with Tasker to process notifications from WhatsApp as I receive them, and it works great.

Now there is this one issue, when I process a notification and another comes in before it finishes the process of the first notification, it processes both notifications, so in essence the first one get's processed twice and receives two responses, sometimes the second one will also get processed twice and receive two responses.

I have attempted using a cool down on the task, which resolves the issue, but then the very last notification doesn't get processed until another notification comes in which might be a day later.

Any ideas on how to work around this?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

In the task use AutoNotification Query to get only the latest notification and enable the "Has Reply Action" option. Hope this helps! :)

3. armandvdwalt

armandvdwalt New Member

When I use AutoNotification Query I get a combined notification instead of individual notification, so in this case I added a looped set of tasks that executes every 10 seconds, two messages come in and then the notification changes to:

You have 2 messages from 2 chats instead of the notification being the individual messages that was received

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Did you select the Has Reply Action option in the Query?

5. armandvdwalt

armandvdwalt New Member

Yes it was selected