AutoNotification AutoNotification Not Pressing Button On Proper Notification?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Thatuserguy, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Thatuserguy

Thatuserguy New Member

I was toying around with the new "Button Text" feature and was trying to get it to work with some reminder notifications. There were multiple of these notifications from the Microsoft To-Do app. Each one had a "Complete" and "Snooze" button, and with the Notification Title of "Reminder." The Notification Text contained the reminder itself.

The profile I have set up runs when I send a Join command with unique text contained in only one of the reminder notifications' Notification Text. The Task then attempts to match this unique text to a specific reminder notification's Notification Text and hit it's "Complete" button. This allows me to mark reminders as complete without having to turn the screen on, as is Join default.

However, with the profile set up as follows, it seems to ignore the Notification Text, and instead presses the "Complete" button on the first reminder notification in the list:

Profile: Complete To-Do Reminder (501)
    Event: AutoApps Command [ Configuration:Command Filter: CompleteT=.=
    Regex: true ]
    Enter: Mark To-Do Complete (500)
    A1: Variable Set [ Name:%MicToDoFirst To:1 Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
    A2: Variable Set [ Name:%HolderCheck To:%aacomm Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
    A3: AutoNotification Actions [ Configuration:Notification Apps: To-Do
    Button Text: Complete
    Notification Title: Reminder (exact)
    Notification Text: %aacomm (case ins) Timeout (Seconds):0 ]
    A4: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:5 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
    A5: Variable Set [ Name:%MicToDoFirst To:0 Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]

If however I set it up using the %anbutton1action(1) command to override everything and include a notification query, it functions completely as expected. Description as follows:

Profile: Complete To-Do Reminder (501)
    Event: AutoApps Command [ Configuration:Command Filter: CompleteT=.=
    Regex: true ]
    Enter: Mark To-Do Complete (500)
    A1: Variable Set [ Name:%MicToDoFirst To:1 Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
    A2: Variable Set [ Name:%HolderCheck To:%aacomm Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
    A3: AutoNotification Query [ Configuration:Notification Apps: To-Do
    Title: Reminder
    Text: %aacomm Timeout (Seconds):20 ]
    A4: AutoNotification Actions [ Configuration:Notification Apps: To-Do
    Button Text: Complete
    Notification Title: Reminder (exact)
    Notification Text: %aacomm (case ins)
    Intercept Action ID: %anbutton1action(1) Timeout (Seconds):0 ]
    A5: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:5 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
    A6: Variable Set [ Name:%MicToDoFirst To:0 Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]

I've already tried rebooting to make sure it's not some weirdness with my phone resulting from that, and the issues seem fairly repeatable. Am I just using this new feature wrong, or is this a bug I've stumbled across? Let me know if you need anything else!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Your command filters should probably be
    Code (Text):
    CompleteT=:=
    instead of
    Code (Text):
    CompleteT=.=
    :)

3. Thatuserguy

Thatuserguy New Member

I didn't even notice that lol

That just makes things weirder though, as both profiles are running and even assigning %aacomm perfectly fine despite that mistake. Like if I type in the number 3 into Join as part of a command, it'll send the command CompleteT=:=3 to my device, match it for the profile setup to look for CompleteT=.= patterns, and then %aacomm is set to 3 without issue. I'm verifying this with that %HolderCheck variable. There's absolutely no difference between CompleteT=.= and CompleteT=:= in this regard.

Just in case, I tried changing it to =:= and ran that first profile setup again, and it's the same issue; it's just marking the first matched reminder notification as complete even though %aacomm isn't matching the Notification Text of it. But the second profile matches the specified reminder perfectly fine when adding a Notification Query and an %anbutton1action(1) action to override the Button Text.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Sorry for the delay. Are you still having this issue?

5. Thatuserguy

Thatuserguy New Member

No worries! Anyways, yes, I just tested again to verify. Using the new "Button Text" feature without a Notification Query causes it to ignore the Notification Text value and just interact with the most recent notification from that same app. Adding a Notification Query and an %anbutton1action(1) as the action causes it to function as expected. Also having the filter be =:= or =.= still does not make a difference.

I went ahead and used the new Report Issue To Developer feature and sent you an email with a Google Drive folder link containing logs, videos, and notes for each of these issues. I also noticed a secondary issue with the Report Issue To Developer feature itself while putting this all together that I noted in that same Google Drive folder.

Really sorry about all this extra work! Bug fixing isn't fun. These issues aren't critical, so no rush with them. Let me know if you need anything else. I'll have to get back to you after work tomorrow if you do though, so hopefully that's all you need!