AutoTools Audio Safe Volume State not working

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Gio Stefani, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Gio Stefani

Gio Stefani New Member

So I've enabled permissions to autotools by issuing ".\adb shell pm grant com.joaomgcd.autotools android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS". I check the current state by issuing by issuing ".\adb shell settings get global audio_safe_volume_state" and it returns a value of 3. I user Tasker in conjunction with autotools to set audio_safe_volume_state to an int value of 2. I step though the process and it completes. When I go back to the adb shell command, the value is still at 3. I've rooted other phones before, but really don't want to root my Samsung Galaxy S8+. I have followed this article to the letter and even downloaded the XML files and imported them into Tasker (https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-automatically-disable-the-high-volume-warning-without-root/). I've added one other task to the list to increase the Media Volume to maximize it. When I reboot the phone, it all reverts back and I get the nag screen about the volume level. There is no reason why this shouldn't be working.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Just to clarify, does it not work at all for you? Or does it just not work after a reboot? Thanks

3. Gio Stefani

Gio Stefani New Member

Only after reboot. Thanks

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

It must be the system that's resetting something. In that case use an AutoTools Secure Settings action at every reboot and that should fix it right? :)

5. Gio Stefani

Gio Stefani New Member

I’m already using AutoTools Secure Settings as a task under Tasker.

Setting Type: Global
    Name: auto_safe_volume_state
    Input Type: int
    Value: 2

Alex Kezar likes this.
  6. Stephen Irving

Stephen Irving New Member

Did you ever find a solution to this as I have noticed it has stopped setting on my Galaxy S9+ on Pie (no root)

7. Alex Kezar

Alex Kezar New Member

Help. Anything?

8. Robert B

Robert B New Member

Use Autoinput to click okay on the popup. It's the only way it will work since the upgrade to Pie on Samsung. Setting the safe_volume_level does not work anymore

: autotools