AutoNotification Tasker "restore settings" not working

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by CoolRaoul, May 13, 2016.

1. CoolRaoul

CoolRaoul Member

It seems that for profiles triggered with "notification intercept", restore settings don't work
    Here's the sample profile I'm currently playing with:
    Code (Text):
    Profile: MusicOrPodcast (221)
        State: AutoNotification Intercept [ Configuration:Event Behaviour: false
    Has Reply Action: false
    Notification Apps: Podcast Addict
    Get All Fields : false
    Get Internal Actions: false
    Get Internal Actions Big: false ]
    Enter: DnD (223)
        A1: Do Not Disturb [ Mode:Priority ]

When the profile switches off, phone stay in DnD mode. When using different trigger condition, it works fine.

2. CoolRaoul

CoolRaoul Member

Found a workaround which requires using two profiles.
    The "AutoNotification Intercept" triggered profile enter task does nothing (just an "exit task" action)
    The second use "profile active(<other_profile>)" state condition and it is it's enter task which performs the "Do Not Disturb" action
    In that configuration, restore settings works. (anyway the 1st approach should have been working)

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

What if add an exit task to that profile and set DND to off there?

4. CoolRaoul

CoolRaoul Member

Sure it would work, but I prefer the workaround I've found: Tasker built-in "restore settings" plays well when the setting is already toggled on before profile entry or changed in parallel by another task during profile lifetime.
    I could also use a global variable to save the existing state on profile entry and reset on exit but it will rapidly become uneasy to manage when many settings are toggled in my entry task.

That's not a major issue anymore since I've found a workaround but it should be on AutoNotification todo list (with a lower priority)

5. blackwind

blackwind New Member

This is still an issue in the latest version. Would love to see a fix.

6. joaomgcd

That's strange. I don't see how AutoNotification would have any part in this. It doesn't control that feature at all. Does it maybe happen with all plugin states?

7. blackwind

blackwind New Member

All I know is that I'm using the simplest possible profile: When any notification from a particular app is shown, I disable display timeout. That's all. When the notification goes away, the "restore settings" functionality should restore the original display timeout, but it doesn't. "Restore settings" is definitely enabled for the profile.

8. blackwind

blackwind New Member

I imagine this'll be easy-peasy to debug now that you have the full Tasker source. Congratulations!

9. joaomgcd

I must ask you to please be patient :) Looking through someone else's code is no easy feat so I'll have to take some time to get accustomed to it before I can start making some changes and fixing stuff ... :D

10. blackwind

blackwind New Member

Absolutely, I know the feeling of digging into a new codebase well. Just wanted to make sure this was still on your radar. :)

11. sbh

sbh New Member

I have the same problem, I have it on Samsung Galaxy S8 Android version 9 (Pie)
    in My case Restore Setting is checked but it never restore settings.
    I tried with Mute, I tried with Vibrate.
    I tried when the trigger is face down, I tried when the trigger is start time and end time.
    I can't find any work around, the only solution that work for me is run task on exit (but its not a good solution).
    If you need any other information or screen shoots or want me to try staff on my phone I will be happy to help.

12. CoolRaoul

CoolRaoul Member

I dont think it can be the *same* problem: the issue I have described was occurring *only* for profiles triggered by "notification intercept" (didn't tested it again since I'm now using my workaround).
    Since it happens for you apparently for many different triggers, that's probably something else.

13. sbh

sbh New Member

You probably right, when I said the same problem is more the same symptom. when I start the profile, the profile change some attribute (mute the phone or other action) and when the profile end its run it not set the attribute back to the original value. it stay with what I set it.