Multiple AutoApps Having trouble with the Google Assistant to turn on computer tutorial...

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by PidgeTPN, Mar 23, 2019.

1. PidgeTPN

PidgeTPN New Member

Ok, so to preface, I can get Google Assistant to turn OFF my computer no problem. It's when I go to have it turn it back on that nothing happens. I've followed every step in the tutorial on the creator's YouTube, including steps I had to find out about in the comments section. I've purchased Tasker and AutoRemote, I have Join on every necessary device and I have EventGhost and the AutoRemote plugin. I seem to be doing everything just as we're told to, but I can't get Google Assistant to turn my computer on.

Again, I've followed EVERY step to the letter and I can get it to work when turning my computer OFF, just not ON.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. What steps do you mean exactly? Can you clarify? thanks

3. PidgeTPN

PidgeTPN New Member

I said EXACTLY what I meant. I followed your video and written tutorials to the letter. I can't be any clearer than that.

Again, I can TURN OFF my computer with Google Assistant but can't turn it back ON the same way. I have been doing the steps over and over for a week and nothing has changed.

I've purchased Tasker and AutoRemote. I've set everything up in both of them. Wake on LAN works no problem, but as soon as I try to incorporate AutoRemote and Tasker they don't do anything.

I've done the "hello" test for AutoRemote and that worked no problem, it just seems to be the steps to get Google Assistant to actually turn things on that I'm having issues. And it seems to be an issue with either AutoRemote or Tasker.

Another issue I get is being told that I don't have a key when I try to send a message to my phone's AutoRemote link through my PC browser.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  4. Robert B

Robert B New Member

Do you have a link to the steps you followed by any chance?

5. PidgeTPN

PidgeTPN New Member

6. Robert B

Robert B New Member

If you open the WakeOnLan app and wake your PC from there does it turn on?

Also, if I use the turn off command, my PC will not turn on with WOL. If I use the Sleep command, then the PC will turn on with WOL.

Could this be what is going on with yours also?

From the directions on XDA, they state that WOL will not be able to turn on the PC after the turn off command. Try the Sleep command instead.

https://www.xda-developers.com/control-your-pc-from-your-android-device-with-tasker-part-1/

7. joaomgcd

Hi. Those tutorials are not made by me. Thanks for the help @Robert B :)

8. PidgeTPN

PidgeTPN New Member

I have already stated in a previous post that Wake on LAN works no problem. I have EventGhost set to hibernate the computer.

You know what? Nevermind. I've done everything right, came to get help and stated very clearly what works and what doesn't but I'm being asked to give information I've already provided in full. It's been weeks now and I'm just going to not bother anymore.

9. Aura

Aura New Member

Did you find a solution to this problem, because I have the exact same problem. I can turn off my computer with Google Assistance, but when I try to turn it on nothing happens at all. WOL is turned on, I have done all the troubleshoot from the same guide, even tried to see if it could be a port forward problem, it's not, and yet it still don't work.

If I go to IFTTT I can see it receive the wake up command from my Google Assistance, but I have simply no clue why the BIIIP it won't WOL!

I came here looking for answer, and your post is the only one I see with the same problem, so its sad to see people won't help you. If you found a solution please share it with me :)

Best Regards
    Aura

10. joaomgcd

Sorry, I'm not sure why you are saying people aren't helping... @Robert B surely provided some valuable help above. Did you see that?

11. Aura

Aura New Member

Yes I did, and he is not helping, he is asking question that all ready was answered, if he just have read the first post from the beginning. His help is not helping solve any problem.

I have the same problem, and I don't see any solution in his post, because if I did, I didn't have to ask for a solution, so with all respect of your great work in here. I only have one question for you

Q:
    Did you even read and understand the post in the first place? Because it doesn't look like it.

12. Perry

Perry New Member

This attitude is not helpful at all. People in this forum are very interested in helping you out, but you have to provide more information specific to your case, since something in the process appears to be different from other peoples experiences.

13. Robert B

Robert B New Member

Sorry, but maybe you should read the posts again. In the very first post, it states that the computer is being turned off. It doesn't say the computer was put in sleep or in hibernate. Not sure why you are having problems but I followed the directions on the steps provided AFTER I had to Ask "What instructions?" it worked fine for me by putting my computer to sleep using EventGhost instead of turning off as the original post says. Do you really expect help when questions are not allowed ?

: AUTOREMOTE