AutoTools Bluetooth Connectivity Issues

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by desto, May 2, 2019.

1. desto

desto New Member

I'm currently in the process of restructuring how some of my profiles work in order to simplify conditions. Right now I'm focusing on Bluetooth device connectivity, as I have tasks with direct mac address filtering and keeping them up to date with my devices has become a chore.

I already have in place profiles to get the current device mac address and can tell what kind of device it is, my problem is that when I run the AutoTools Connectivity task, it doesn't always return the correct connected devices.

I have this simple task to illustrate my issue:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And even though I have a device connected, it is not being fetched. If I disable the connection status option to include disconnected devices, it does appear but it states it's not connected.

I think this mainly happens on my gamepads, although I did encounter this with a keyboard. Is there any way to work around this or is it a limitation on the device type?

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

3. desto

desto New Member

4. joaomgcd

Do other AutoTools actions still work?

5. desto

desto New Member

I only tested the ones I use and they seem to be working. Only the connectivity action fails, no matter the settings I set to the action.

Edit: On closer inspection, it's only failing when I set the "Check Bluetooth devices" setting.

6. joaomgcd

But prior to this update it was running just not for the controller device, right?

7. desto

desto New Member

Correct, there were some devices that even when connected AutoTools said they weren't. Mainly gamepads, but it also happened to a keyboard.

8. joaomgcd

9. desto

desto New Member

I tried that version, it seems to hang for a while but after some 10-ish seconds it completes the task, but it still doesn't detect any HID devices.

As a side note, I'm on android 9 on a OnePlus 5 running stock OxygenOS 9.0.5

10. joaomgcd

Oh, I see. Unfortunately I don't have any HID devices myself to test it on.

But that's weird, on Android 9 devices it should not hang, but continue immediately... It does on mine. I think I'm doing everything correctly, so I'm not really sure what's missing :(

11. desto

desto New Member

I see. On the play store version it doesn't hang and is almost instantaneous, but it still doesn't report HID.

Is there anything I could do to help figuring this out?

12. joaomgcd

Yeah, on this version I tried scanning for HID devices, which seems to add the delay on your device for some reason... :/ On mine it's also instantaneous... Maybe something specific to OnePlus devices? :( Sorry, not really sure.

13. Slm

Slm New Member

I'm having the same problem on a Moto Z Play running Android 8.0.0: all devices report a not being connected,even though several of my watches are connected.