AutoCast AutoCast Speak Error: "format is not supported"

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by adamstox, May 23, 2019.

1. adamstox

adamstox New Member

Hi!
    I'm having way to much fun automating my whole life with these apps. Incredible work! I'm encountering a strange bug though. I'm using AutoCast speak to notify me of messages on my phone. I had some trouble streaming the spoken text locally so I switched to Google Drive and it worked perfectly until this morning. I'm getting the following error:

Error loading media from https://docs.google.com/......
    The media could not be loaded because the format is not supported.

I went to my google drive and deleted all of the tasker generated audio.wav files I could find, and this fixed one of my speak tasks, but not the others. Any idea why this is happening or how I can reliably fix it?

2. adamstox

adamstox New Member

As a follow up: Switching back to local streaming fixes the issues, so I guess my real question is why did my chromecast think it couldn't read .wav files streamed from google drive?

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Very strange! The files should be the same from your local network or Google drive... Maybe a temporary Google Drive bug?

4. adamstox

adamstox New Member

Some more info: Last night the local files had the same bug. When casting to my chromecast the same "format is not supported" error showed. When switching back to Google Drive, I got the same error again.

Restarting my phone seemed to help, but I'm still unsure what caused the bug in the first place. I'll add to this thread if it continues to happen.