AutoInput Lock Desktop Using Action Launcher

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Richard Belthoff, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Richard Belthoff

Richard Belthoff New Member

I have used AutoInput before and understand the concept but I cannot get this one routine to work. On my homepage is a Google search bar that has a three dot menu on the right. This is generated by Action Launcher 3. How can I use AutoInput to click the three button menu? Once the menu is displayed, I have the Tasker/AutoInput code to select the Lock Desktop menu item, but I can't get the menu to display. I've tried disabling the xy coordinates on screen is no developer options and enter the coordinates I to AutoInput, but it doesn't seem to "click" anything. There's probably an easy way that I just can't figure out. Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2. Thahim

Thahim Member

Use cordinates to click it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

*sorry didn't read your whole post.

3. Richard Belthoff

Richard Belthoff New Member

OK, I guess I should have proofread my message better. What I was trying to say was that I tried to use AutoInput to enter coordinates that I found by turning on the grid display on my phone in developer options, but no mater what coordinates I entered, I can't get AutoInput to "click" the location. I tested on other places besides the 3 dot menu and nothing happened (e.g., directly in the middle of an app icon). In AutoInput, when I get to the field for X,Y coordinates (which may be mislabeled as Field ID), do I just enter something like "2105, 460"? Maybe I have the syntax wrong? Also, I guess I should add that I'm using a rooted Nexus 6P with Android 6.0.1. Would that have an effect? I might have read somewhere that people were having trouble with X,Y coordinates using Shell commands in Tasker as well (e.g., Input X,Y). Thanks.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately AutoInput can't click on widgets... Sorry!

: autoinput