AutoRemote Two phones with same URL

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Rob4077, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Rob4077

Rob4077 New Member

I made the mistake of restoring a backup on my old Samsung Galaxy S5 and my new Nokia 7Plus. Now both phones. I tried deleting both phones from my list, then I tried deleting App Data (as described in FAQ's), but that option was only available on my Nokia, not the Samsung. Then I removed AutoRemote from both phones and reinstalled but both phones still have the same URL and I can't add either phone to my list of shared phones. Is there any way I can just remove all trace of AutoRemote from both phones and reinstall so they each have their unique identity?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

I think there's no way to do it unfortunately :( Google attributes the same ID to both phones so they end up with the same FCM ID...

3. Rob4077

Rob4077 New Member

So does that mean I can't use AutoRemote to communicate between the two phones?

4. joaomgcd

Yeah, seems so. MAybe a factory reset will fix that.

5. Rob4077

Rob4077 New Member

That seems strange. What makes it more frustrating is that if I look at registered devices on my Nokia, my Nokia is in the list. But if I look at the connected devices on the Samsung, the Nokia is NOT listed and I can't add it. I had intended using the Samsung from home to send messages to the Nokia while I am out and about, but because of this anomaly, I can't do it.

Is a factory reset a Very likely fix, or just a Maybe? Not looking for a guarantee, but doing a reset and reloading everything on the phone will be a pain.

6. joaomgcd

In my experience the issue you're mentioning only occurs sometimes when you copy your phone to another one. I still don't know why exactly. But if you start with a new phone I never had someone complain about the same thing, so I would say that it would work. But there's always stuff I'm not aware of in custom Android versions so I can't guarantee 100% that it'll work, sorry!