AutoInput Android restricted profiles - Autoinput doesn't work

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by meia, Jun 25, 2019.

1. meia

meia New Member

Hi,
    I want to use a task for shutting down a "samsung tab s2" with Android 7 daily at midnight (to save battery). I want to use it with the main profile as well as with an android "restricted user-profile" (so depending which profile was used last), see https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/3175031?hl=en .

I have full versions of tasker and autoinput (via AutoApps).
    For the restricted profile I allowed "tasker", "autoinput" and "autoapps" to be used/seen.

For shutting down I want to use autoinput to press the "Ausschalten"/"turnoff"-Button and the confirming "Ausschalten"/TurnOff-Button. This is perfectly working on the main userprofile (non-restricted).
    But on the restricted profile it is only working once directly after setting it up.
    It is not working any more, once the tab has been restarted. The task is starting and running, but it is stopping at the first "autoinput"-subtask with error: null (exact log see below). It seems that it doesn't recognize the full version??? What can I do?

Thanks a lot for your help
    Meia

subtask: Autoinput Action
    Type: Text
    Value: Ausschalten, Taste (German for shut down, Button)
    Action: Click
    Timeout: 5sec

Log after start:
    22.05.27/ActionArgBundle key: NearbyText: replace <null> String value with null
    22.05.27/ActionArgBundle key: TextToWrite: replace <null> String value with null
    22.05.27/ActionArgBundle key: StoredAction: replace <null> String value with null
    22.05.27/ActionArgBundle key: Password: replace <null> String value with null
    22.05.27/E FIRE PLUGIN: AutoInput Action / com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.action.FIRE_SETTING: 13 bundle keys
    22.05.27/E AutoInput Action: plugin comp: com.joaomgcd.autoinput/com.joaomgcd.autoinput.broadcastreceiver.BroadcastReceiverFire
    22.05.27/E add wait type Plugin1 time 5
    22.05.27/E add wait type Plugin1 done
    22.05.27/E add wait task
    22.05.32/E Fehler: null

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

What exactly is a "restricted profile"?

3. meia

meia New Member

that's an android-feature for additional users.
    You can add an additional normal user, who needs to install his own apps ... .
    And you can add a user with a "restricted profile" where you can choose, which apps of the main user shall be shared with the restricted user (and google play store is not available).

Reason: The tablet can be used by a group without password for just a few apps like spotify and browser. And often it is not used for a couple of days.
    So battery is often empty just because it is in standby, that's why I would like to shut it down automatically each night.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

I see. So AutoInput stops working for everything on that restricted profile? Or just for this task in particular?