AutoVoice Two issues: Alexa Smart Home Devices Won't Import, Natural Language Responses - Error 404

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Richaardvark, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Richaardvark

Richaardvark New Member

Hello!

Problem 1: Alexa Smart Home Devices Won't Import
    I've been having trouble with AutoVoice on and off for the past month or so. I finally decided to upgrade the Android device I use as my Tasker/AutoApps home automation server and so I began the process of migrating all my data/files/settings over. As I was making my move, I decided it would be best if I also switched my entire Google account that I had everything connected through. My main Google account/the one I was originally using is a G-Suite account, and there were some strange and annoying restrictions and limitations with regard to the Google Play Store/android apps/permissions to do things sometimes, etc. So, I decided to just use another regular free Google account I already had.

I was able to move everything over, uninstall/reinstall all apps under the correct Google account, etc. The only thing that will not transfer no matter what I try is moving my AutoVoice Smart Home Devices. I realize I cannot use the built-in cloud backup/restore because I'm now using a different Google account. I did notice there is now (in the newest AutoVoice beta release) a database/device file import and export button in the Smart home Devices area. I was able to export my devices into the SQLlite "SmartHomeDeviceForDB" that AutoVoice generated. But when I try to import this on the new Android device, nothing happens. No error message nor any confirmation message. My device is rooted and so I was able to go into the root/system data folder and go into the AutoVoice data/databases and my devices are showing there, in the code. The trouble seems to be getting the devices to then sync up with my new Google account/with AutoVoice.

I have many devices and many Tasker routines and configured plug-ins that all are built upon these AV Smart Home Devices so I would hate to redo everything :-/

Problem 2: Natural Language Responses - Error 404
    I made some new Natural Language commands and needed to edit some of the responses. When I try to edit or add a "Basic" response, I get error 404, and the following message:

[​IMG]

I would really appreciate some help/guidance with these two issues - thank you very much!

Richard

2. Richaardvark

Richaardvark New Member

Also, I don't know if it's related or not but Alexa keeps saying, "Sorry, I'm having trouble accessing your AutoVoice skill righ now. *beep beep* every time I ask her to do anything AutoVoice related. She still does however send the Tasker command I request, but is not responding properly. Google Home/Assistant is not having any AutoVoice command issues.

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there.

About your devices, those are stored in the AutoVoice server so you should not need to back the up locally :) You should be able to simply pull down on the device list to refresh the existing devices. Does that not work?

About the other issue, can you please try this version and see if it helps? https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8G77eDgeMdwZE5CbjlxVW9venc/view?usp=sharing

4. Richaardvark

Richaardvark New Member

Hi Joao - thank you very much for your help!

Cloud backup and restoration does work, yes! ✅ The problem I'm facing however is that in my migration to my new Android device, I also changed my Google account, the one associated with all AutoApps/Tasker. I had been using a "G-Suite" Google account but faced too many issues and problems and decided it would be best for me to use a regular account.

I was able to of course move all of my Tasker data to my new device, but my AutoVoice Smart Home devices, which are referenced by and integrated into many Tasker events/actions/tasks, do not reload from the cloud via the cloud (I assume because it is connected to a different Google account).

New version is working - no more error! :)

5. joaomgcd

Glad that version fixed it :) About the devices, yeah, they don't show up because it's a different account. Sorry about that. I'll need to find out why the backup/restore is not working.

6. Richaardvark

Richaardvark New Member

Thank you Joao! :) For the devices, the backup (local) does seem to properly work, and when I restore the local SQL-lite devices file that AutoVoice creates the data is brought into AutoVoice (I was able to see this in the AV system/data folder on my rooted device), but yes, where the data is then supposed to be applied to the user's Google profile/account and then synchronized with the AV server, etc. this is the part that is not happening.

I have another issue to report to you now though :-/ I can post a new thread if you prefer, but I think it's related to the AutoVoice version you had me install to fix the Natural Language response issue from my original post. Now I'm not able to use variables or "Types" in Natural Language at all :( Existing commands with variables/types work fine, but if I try to create a new one AutoVoice just flashes "null." And if I try to edit an existing command with variables/"Types" anything from the "$" sign and following is blank/missing/not there. :-/

For example, if I had an existing command such as:
    "say hello on $device."

Upon editing the command, AutoVoice now displays:
    "say hello on"

:-(

Edit: FYI, For now - I was still able to update the Natural Voice commands/types/responses via the Dialog Flow Console on the Dialog Flow/Google website. And the data does then display properly in AutoVoice. But I still cannot edit or create new Natural Voice Commands in AutoVoice without it deleting out variables / not saving / saying "null."

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  7. joaomgcd