AutoCast No Devices found

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by FCast, Aug 3, 2019.

1. FCast

FCast New Member

(Updated)OK no devices found at all. I have two google home devices (Mini and Hub) + TV, all in the same network.Other casting apps are working fine. I installed beta Autocast(1.6.0.beta) on a new android(8.1.0) Phone.
    My Node Red server works with IP's from these devices.
    Tired of trying Autocast discover by itself, I wonder if i can modify the settings manually in the Autocast app to set the correct IP to finally get this thing working.
    Thanks

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi. Sorry for the delay. Does AutoCast still not discover the devices for you?

3. FCast

FCast New Member

Yes. Zero.
    btw I've already browsed the forum and elsewhere but no cigar.

Can I edit the DB or the other config file to manually insert the devices IP's?

4. joaomgcd

Unfortunately you cannot right now, sorry! :( Weird that you're not seeing the devices automatically!

5. FCast

FCast New Member

There's some log where i could find more info? I suspect some authorization or permission gone bad.

6. joaomgcd

Maybe something you blocked in Google Play Services? Is your device rooted? Sorry, that's all I can think of...

7. FCast

FCast New Member

No rooted.
    I'll see that sometimes the google home mini is not detected as well in other castings apps, also i saw variations if the wifi network is inside a Wifi-extender, also router behaviour, etc. The reliability of the casting thingy makes me to decided to use node red server, write the IP manually and fully working.