Open Residual Twitch notification after dismissal

Discussion in 'Join' started by DodgyBlaster, Jun 14, 2019.

1. DodgyBlaster

DodgyBlaster New Member

Hello,

I have Join send notifications to my PC from the Twitch app on my phone.

This works perfectly, as when a streamer I'm following goes live, I get the Twitch notification on my phone and that also gets pinged to my PC. No issues there.

My problem arises when I dismiss the notification on my PC. The initial "Hey this streamer has gone live" notification is cleared. But I'm left with a blank/no-text Twitch notification on my phone. It doesn't appear on my PC (even after refresh) and can't be interacted with. I can however, just easily swipe clear the notification on my phone.

Here's a screenshot of it:
    [​IMG]

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? This is the only app I seem to have trouble with; all otheres work fine.

Thanks

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Maybe you can try enabling the option to send all notifications in group? Does that help?

3. DodgyBlaster

DodgyBlaster New Member

Firstly; thanks for replying and for your efforts in general.

That option was already enabled in my settings. So I've tried disabling it; to I'll see if that helps. ;)

I'll report back with my findings.

Thanks again.

4. DodgyBlaster

DodgyBlaster New Member

Ooops, sorry for the delay in responding. However changing the "send all in group" setting didn't work.

But I did create a work-around using Tasker with the AutoNotifications plugin:

Please bear with me. I'm not a programmer, I don't really know how Android works, so please forgive my ignorance. I am probably going to use the wrong terminology. And, I'm also sure there is probably a more efficient and elegant solution. Please feel free to share.

From what I can see. When Twitch sends a "streamer has gone live" notification, it creates a wrapper/group notification first and then adds the streamer-live notification, along with all subsequent streamer-live notifications; and they all share the same Id number. So when you dismiss a Twitch streamer-live notification via Join, the streamer-live notification is dismissed, but the now blank wrapper/group notification remains (as in my screenshot above). This blank notification, as far as I've tried, cannot be interacted with via Join.

So here's my Tasker/AutoNotifications work-around. Upon a Twitch notification intercept, I query Twitch notifications, and if there's a notification with a single Id instance (If there's more than two, then there's still a streamer-live notification present), if the single instance has no text (%antext), and is therefore blank; I cancel it.
    • I first created a profile in Tasker with an AutoNotification Intercept: Event Behaviour: true, Notification App: Twitch.
    • Then for this profile's task:
      • AutoNotification Query: Notification Apps: Twitch
      • Variable Set: Name:%key, To: 0, Do Maths: Checked
      • For: Variable: %value, Items: %anid()
        • Variable Add: Name: %key, Value: 1
        • Array Set: Variable Array: %countid, Values: %anid(#?%value), Splitter: ,
        • AutoNotification Cancel: Id: %anid(%key), If: %countid(#) = 1 AND %antext(%key) ~ *antext*
      • End For

I hope this makes sense o_O

Thanks

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, that does make sense! :) Thank you for the workaround! Maybe I should build-in that feature into Join: if all app's notifications are group summary only, then dismiss them. Thanks again!