AutoNotification Gmail Buttons Not Working Properly

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Cosmic Lemur, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Gurj

Gurj New Member

Not sure if this is still an active issue but the alk supplied resolved the same issue for me on my S8+ (G(55FZ) with Oreo 8.0, albeit with the same ghost notification.

2. PC-Tasker

PC-Tasker New Member

I've got 3 GMail accounts being handled by this, and with mine, I hit one of the 3 customized buttons, it performs its action (Delete, Mark Read, etc) and then instead of disappearing, it leaves a ghost notification that I have to manually clear. Was working fine before this last AN update.

I'm on Nougat 7.1.2.

3. Scott Yarbrough

Scott Yarbrough New Member

I've actually had the ghost notification since the fix for the broken gmail notifications...
    Does it only show AFTER you process the gmail alert, or is the ghost there already and just hiding behind the real one?
    I have one ghost alter up no matter the number of actual alerts, and its up as soon as they are.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

4. Scott Yarbrough

Oh, and I think its related to the version of the gmail app and not the OS/Security patch versions... I'm on 8.1.0 and have the ghost.

I have a 6.x Z10 tablet that I dont have autonotification on (I dont use it for email).. Will install it and setup the email on it and see what it does as far as a ghost.

5. Scott Yarbrough

Oh well.. Thought I was going to be smart and use autonotification to block the ghost alert... It doesnt see the ghost alert that it is creating... Oh well :)

6. PC-Tasker

PC-Tasker New Member

LOL, nice try though :) .

What happens with mine is that I hit 'Delete'... the original notification goes away, but it leaves a blank white notification with the e-mail address still appearing at the top. It looks like a ghost notification, but I suppose it's possible that there is white-on-white text that I can't read in it. Don't know. All I do know, however, is that this only started happening in the last month or so. When it worked properly, hitting the 'Delete' button (it's the one I hit the most, so I can definitely speak to it's functionality versus what the other buttons will always do) would delete the e-mail, and clear the notification. The notification no longer clears and leaves behind an unwelcome guest :( . LOL

I end up having to clear the 'ghost' manually. Which is something I'd like to avoid. Less work is better!

7. PC-Tasker

PC-Tasker New Member

And now it's fixed! Thanks Joao!

8. kteamchief

kteamchief New Member

I also bought AN (v. 3.8.4bf6) and try to use it on my Galaxy S6 (Android 7.0) with the Gmail-App 8.7.15.206199545.
    Although I configured Gmail-Buttons and added my account properly, the gmail-notifications are not replaced by the app AN.
    As mentioned in a post before (Scott Yarbrough, 21.03.18) the Gmail-notification only shows „Gmail“ and not my own email address.
    And the notifications only show the buttons „ARCHIVE“ and „REPLY“.
    Is there any solution to get it working correctly or at all?
    Many thanks in advance.

9. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately not.Only on Android 8+ is there a workaround for that, sorry!

10. Gump

Gump New Member

@joaomgcd reviving old thread. On android 9, the buttons show up properly, but none of the actions are working. I've tested "read, read & archive, and read & delete." A notification quickly shows attempting to execute the action, but nothing happens.

In addition, notifications intercepted by AutoNotification aren't being mirrored by Join. I tried to select "AutoNotification" as an app to mirror, but it does not show up in Join's list of apps to select.

Thanks.
    Running OG Pixel

11. Gurj

Gurj New Member

I have had the same issue for some time now. This is on my Google Pixel 2 XL Stock Android 9.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

12. joaomgcd

Thanks for the report. Are you still having these issues?

13. Gump

Gump New Member

for me, the notifications are now mirroring in join, so perhaps that was a temporary glitch

but the buttons are still not functioning just as a mentioned above.

and thanks for the support despite the backlog!

14. llindr

llindr New Member

I just ran into this issue - buttons stopped working all of a sudden after working flawlessly for like 2 years. Tried rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app. Nothing seemed to work.

But, i think I got it working again.
    I went into AutoNotifications, "Gmail Buttons", and hit the "Add Account" option - even though my email was already listed here. After doing so, Google prompted me with a bunch of security questions, asking if I wanted to let AutoNotifications get access to my mail, etc. I clicked accept on everything. All of a sudden, the buttons have now started working again! :D

My best guess is that the permissions I've given previously have for some reason expired...

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  15. joaomgcd

Yeah, Google changed something in their API which made this not work for some users. Glad you got it working again!

16. Ali Maskatiya

Ali Maskatiya New Member

I'm facing the same issue. I.e. the notification comes but none of the action buttons such as mark read don't work. When I tried readding the account it gives me a message "Sign in with Google Temporarily Disabled for this app this app has not been verified by Google in order to use Google Sign in". I am also attaching a screen shot. I believe the developer needs to get this done. Thanks.

Attached Files:

17. joaomgcd

I'm sorry about that. I'm working on fixing this as fast as I can but Google take a bit of time to verify an app. Hopefully it'll go back to working soon!

18. Ali Maskatiya

Ali Maskatiya New Member

Is there any update on when this feature would be working again? Thanks.

19. Willem

Willem New Member

Just a little heads up that this is still an issue. @joaomgcd any idea what's going on?

20. ballasa1

ballasa1 New Member

Thank you for posting this! Mine haven't worked for some time now and this fixed it!!