AutoNotification Hide notification until cancelled

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by roizcorp, Oct 14, 2019.

1. roizcorp

roizcorp New Member

Hi, (bear with me)
    I'm creating a "Chats" app which consolidates messages from several apps and allow me to read them and reply to them in the same view. Autonotifcation is the best way to reply to these messages as it uses the anreplyactionid from the original notification

However though that means that the original notification must stay in the status bar, that means that I cannot block notifications (then I do not get anreplyactionid values), nor I cannot hide/snooze as these are timed actions while I need something more "permanent"

Looking for a possibility to hide them by putting them in a place that is in not in the screen range (perhaps minus X and Y ?)

Do you have any proposal for me?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. The notifications don't have to be there for the reply action to work :) It works even if the notifications are gone! Give it a try!

3. roizcorp

roizcorp New Member

Hi, thanks for replying back

I actually did try before I posted this post so let me be more specific if I may:
    • with every boot I have AN block task for the msg apps, this is handled in a profile
    • 2nd profile, AN intercept, get all fields,
      • for each message I write into log all available AN variables into a file for debug sake
      • maintain 2 arrays: Messages (contains antitle +antext) and respectively array for replyactionid
    for a test, i blocked only few contacts (antitle filter) so i could have both blocked and unblocked messages from the same app (whatsapp), the results are that only the unblocked messages got the reply action id specifically and the other AN variables with non empty values while for the blocked messages got fewer variables in general (no values).

what do you think? Am I doing something wrong?

also i would recommend to have a dedicated variable for "Mark as read" like the reply does.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019