Open Tasker on Android TV setting page opening

Discussion in 'Tasker' started by Khaled w, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Khaled w

Khaled w Member

I tried Tasker on Sony Android TV, I want to quickly open a level control setting page that has the Digital Output Level Control, that can only be accessed after many remote control buttons pushes, making it inconvenient for changing the volume level.
    1- I tried App Opening in Tasker, used ALL option, and tried all available apps a,d those accessed by long press, did not find one related to it.
    2- Maybe there is a hidden package name not included here, if there is, How can I find it?
    3- I tried Custom Settings to change the digital volume directly, but could not find the corresponding setting.
    4- I am not sure if Android TV operates strictly on Android system, or it still has it's own internal system for some options but with Android interface, but still if the Android interface can access it, Tasker should be able to do that, right?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yes, that is probably an activity in an app. I'm sorry, but I just don't know what it is. The most I could recommend is really what you did in 1. but since that didn't work I don't know what to tell you sorry :(

3. Khaled w

Khaled w Member

is there a way to monitor in Android which activities are opened , or opened lately , ?

4. joaomgcd

Sorry, there's not right now. I would have to add that functionality in Tasker...

5. joaomgcd

6. Khaled w

Khaled w Member

Great, Thank you :) I will try and let you know

7. Khaled w

Khaled w Member

I tried it, I got an error
    Error: 1
    Could't get current app info

:(

8. Khaled w

Khaled w Member

ok, I managed to give Tasker permission to read Application activiy permission using the built in Tasker Permission grant task.
    and the Task run correctly and reads the app and activity name.
    Now I got to 2 new problems level:
    1- Tasker reads same names when I open the main Sound Page, and when I open the sub popup window of the level inside the Sound Page
    2- When I create a task to open an App, and insert the name I got from reading the App or Activity names, I get an error
    Launch app: Failed to Run