Solved Bug: Change notification settings via tasker clears app list

Discussion in 'Join' started by obscurereference, Jan 20, 2016.

1. obscurereference

obscurereference New Member

Just thought I'd mention this. If I use the 'join settings' Tasker action to add a device to the notification devices list, the 'Notification apps' section get emptied, even if I set the Set Apps section to 'no action'. The workaround is to set the list of notification apps every time a setting is changed in Tasker, but this isn't the expected behaviour, so thought I'd report it.

On top of this, you may already be aware of this one but I've noticed that editing a 'join settings' action seems to add extra, duplicate settings to an action rather than changing the existing settings. I've got around this by deleting and re-creating an action whenever I want to make a change to it.

Thanks for the app, keep up the good work!
    Rob

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi. Thank you for the reports! :)

I could replicate the first error, thanks, will fix.

About the 2nd error I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Could you show me an example of that?
    thanks in advance

3. obscurereference

So, if I set up some settings via a Tasker action, the tasker action summary looks like this:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwmB28XtLPj1QjktOHgwU0FLMVk/view?usp=sharing

if I then click the 'pen' icon, make some changes and then go back it looks something like this, with new, duplicate configuration settings added:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwmB28XtLPj1dHFmU0VYUmZJTkU/view?usp=sharing

... doesn't seem to be happening as badly now I'm try to recreate it (typical!) but in this case at least the Devices Action configuration is listed several times.
    (screenshots captured using Join, btw!)

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You're not using the latest version from Google Play :) Can you try that please? Also, fixed the first error you mentioned for the next release, thanks!

5. obscurereference

Updated the app and it's working fine now, thanks!