Solved Errors exporting SMS in log, and how often does Join need to run?

Discussion in 'Join' started by KindofBlues71, Jan 22, 2016.

1. KindofBlues71

KindofBlues71 New Member

Love your apps but I'm having a couple problems with Join. I'm running Join 0.1.28b on my phone and it seems to be uploading every 1-2 minutes. Also, when I check the logs it's showing the following error for two contacts I have SMS messages from:

Error exporting for 40404. Trying again later: java.net.ProtocolException: Unknown method 'PATCH'; must be one of [OPTIONS, GET, HEAD, POST, PUT, DELETE, TRACE].

Same error for the other contact, which is an actual cell number. I'm using the Android Messaging 4.4.4 app. I assume Join is running every couple of minutes because it's trying to successfully export these two contacts? How can I fix this?

Thanks,
    KindofBlues71

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thank you! Can you please let me know what Android version you're using? thanks!

3. KindofBlues71

KindofBlues71 New Member

I'm on 4.4.4

4. joaomgcd

Makes sense! Next version will probably work for you! :) Can you let me know when you try it please? Thanks!

5. KindofBlues71

KindofBlues71 New Member

Thanks, version v0.1.29b is installed and working on my phone. However, I'm getting an error on the diagnostic test screen when it gets to the Send file to Google Drive step. Here's the error:

java.net.ProtocolException: Unknown method 'PATCH'; must be one of [OPTIONS, GET, HEAD, POST, PUT, DELETE, TRACE]

6. KindofBlues71

KindofBlues71 New Member

UPDATE: I reinstalled Join on my phone and all diagnostic tests were successful! Just one weird thing, at the top of the Devices screen the red outlined "bubble" to allow Join to send notifications to other devices (tapping it opens the Notification service) won't go away after I've enabled the service. Otherwise, seems to be working well! Thanks again!

7. joaomgcd

yeah, I fixed that "PATCH" issue now. :)

Can you try disabling and re-enabling the service and see if that goes away? thanks!

8. KindofBlues71

KindofBlues71 New Member

It was gone when I went to disable/re-enable the service this morning, nice job!

: join beta, error