AutoRemote AutoRemote not receiving messages

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by JST829, Oct 24, 2019.

1. JST829

JST829 New Member

Hello, I've been using AutoRemote with Tasker on various devices over the years and I love it. I just got a new 7th Generation Fire tablet and for the life of me, I can't figure out why its not receiving messages. I put the URL into my browser, send a message, and get a confirmation saying "Message sent!" However, nothing is showing in the log on my device. Also, when I try to register the device on EventGhost, I get an invalid URL message.
    Can you recommend anything for me to try? Thanks!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi. Just to confirm, when you open AutoRemote on that device you get your personal URL as usual?

3. burekbrigada

burekbrigada New Member

I also have problems with EventGhost registering.
    From browser or from other android devices my phone receives messages normally, but when i try to register eventghost on it i got:
    AutoRemote: Registering on 3
    Got public IP: 178.221.xxx.xxx
    Calling url https://autoremotejoaomgcd.appspot.com/sendrequest
    Result from sending request: Your key is invalid. Please check your key and try again.​
    Tried to enter key in all ways, including proper one - https://autoremote.joaoapps.com/xxxxxx

4. burekbrigada

burekbrigada New Member

Solved, after spending a LOT of time :(

1. Main problem was trying to enter Personal URL [as per official web page!!!] in EventGhost instead of Personal Key.
    2. Why i need to use Tasker to start WiFi service in AutoRemote??? I'm OK if author wants to sell both apps, but then he should make an option to start whole process from AutoRemote which would say "you need to start wifi service from Tasker". I spent so much time trying to find how to start wifi service from AutoRemote, and I had this on my other device, but , after many months i forgot how that needs to be done.
    3. Why i cant see PersonalURL's of connected devices in AR?
    4.Had hard time to understand how to enable Chrome fallback for EventGhost. Only by incident i found right tutorial. As a minimum, AR should toast the message with help URL, when EventGhost plugin is connected.
    5.It should enable TTL for eventghost device, if chrome is set as a fallback device.

In few words: AutoRemote is a gem, but unpolished.

5. joaomgcd

Hi. Very sorry for the bad experience.

1. Can you please let me know where that is mentioned so I can fix it?
    2. AutoRemote doesn't do anything without Tasker so I don't think it's bad that you need Tasker to start it. Do you have a suggestion as to where that might be suggested?
    3. I don't think that feature was asked before :) Why would you need that if I may ask?
    4. Can you clarify what you mean by "when EventGhost plugin is connected"?
    5. Thanks for the suggestion.

6. burekbrigada

burekbrigada New Member

Thanks for replying :) So

1. https://joaoapps.com/autoremote/eventghost/ says
    "Add all your Android devices: for each one, enter its name (any name you want) and its personal URL. After entering the URL press TAB and it will verify that URL."
    Even part about verifying is wrong :) Maybe that was the case in some old version?
    I have lost many hours bcs i followed official tutorial ;)
    2. its just illogical to put option for one app ONLY in the second app, even if first app is dependent on the second one. I found it only, after googling with right keywords.
    3. Main function of tasker, AR, EG is automation :) Frequently with dedicated server [in my case old android tablet], which can be placed in pretty inaccessible places. Even more [maybe its just me placing servers in hard to reach places :p], most users have a many devices with AR installed. Currently, you have to have them near your hands, if you want to automate sth, using personal URL [iftt for example]
    4. I mean AR should somehow [i have no good idea how] install or offer to install chrome fallback device if eventghost device is present

Again many, many thanks for great apps

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  7. joaomgcd

Hi again! Thanks, I've now updated the pages to reflect the new reality. I totally forgot I had that info there. Sorry about that!
    About adding devices remotely, did you see the option to "Send My Device" when you long click a device in your device list? :) That should help you out with that.

About the other issues, thanks! I'll see if I can resolve them!

: Autoremote